scenes not displaying correctly

Richard Wallace

Feb 17, 2015, 8:47:22 AM2/17/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
This one has been plaguing me for a while now!

I have a scene set to be displayed as activity, full window, no bar

in order to test this i have created a very basic scene. Only 1 element a rectangle.

I have a task to launch the scene = Destroy scene > Creat scene > Show scene (activity, full window, no bar)

However, the rectandle is not the full width of the screen. Yet in the scene editor it is?!?!

Attached are screenshots of editor mode and the scene running.
Ive also attached the description for the scene.

Please help someone as this is driving me bananas! And i hate bananas!!

Scene: Test Scene
P:1080x1810 L:-1x-1

Orientation: System
Background Colour: #FFFFFFFF
Action Bar Style: System
Title: System Info
Subtitle:
Icon: null
Tab Labels:

Element: NavBar/Rectangle
Geometry:
P:0,330 1080x250 L:-1,-1 -1x-1
Content:
Shader: None
Colour: #FF333333
End Colour:
Border Width: 0
Border Colour: #FF000000
Corner Radius: 0
Rounded Corners: All

Richard Wallace

Feb 17, 2015, 8:49:23 AM2/17/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Screenshot_2015-02-17-13-29-16.png
Screenshot_2015-02-17-13-29-03.png

Richard Wallace

Feb 17, 2015, 3:04:25 PM2/17/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
OK. More confused now.
I'm trying to make a basic scene showing system info etc.
I've got 4 'pages'.
And a blue rectangle element to highlight the current active page.
In the editor I've set the position, x and y coordinates.
When I click on another page to switch to say, battery info, the marker moves using a element position action. I've set the x coordinate, and the y, which basically doesn't change.
Logical?
However, the marker y position change!? As in the pictures.
Any ideas as this is driving me mad!
Screenshot_2015-02-17-19-57-28.png
Screenshot_2015-02-17-19-57-18.png

Rich D

Feb 17, 2015, 5:11:49 PM2/17/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> However, the rectandle is not the full width of the screen. Yet in the scene editor it is?!?!

It is a scaling thing.  When you show as full window the notify bar is left showing.  When tasker resizes the scene it will maintain the aspect ratio. So the height can not get to full screen therefore the width does not go to full screen.  You can show as full display and not have the notify bar or adjust the scene height (smaller)  in the scene properties. From the first scene edit screen  press menu / properties.

Rich D

Feb 17, 2015, 5:35:15 PM2/17/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

I think this could be a scaling thing as well. When you use full display or full window tasker will always try to resize to fit your screen so the resize could be a little different. . The way you should do this is to test the element position first then use those coordinates to slide your bar.

Richard Wallace

Feb 18, 2015, 3:46:23 AM2/18/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot RichD

Simple! Cant believe i didnt / couldnt figure it out!

Now all my scenes look they way they should!
...and im not going to throw my phone out the window!!!

Rich D

Feb 18, 2015, 5:15:59 AM2/18/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

> Now all my scenes look they way they should!
> ...and im not going to throw my phone out the window!!!

You need 3 things when working on Tasker scenes

1. Patience
2. A whole lot of time
3. Patience.......

Richard Wallace

Feb 18, 2015, 5:46:03 AM2/18/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Amen to that!!

Ive got another issue now! Not a problem, just an annoyance!

Im trying to figure out the best way to have 'pages' in a scene.
Ive decided to opt for 4 webviews (to allow better formatting) for each tab of my scene...
Works as i want it too. Press one tab hides the current web view (Scene Element visibility) and shows the tab im moving to....
but on the first tap to change tabs im getting a weird flickering kind of animation even though ive set animation speed to 0?
Susequent tab changes dont have the flickering...

Rich D

Feb 18, 2015, 10:07:14 PM2/18/15
to Tasker Google Groups Post

but on the first tap to change tabs im getting a weird flickering kind of animation even though ive set animation speed to 0?

No idea on that one. Have not used web view...

Richard Wallace

Feb 19, 2015, 11:11:08 AM2/19/15
to tas...@googlegroups.com
Ill live with it...for now, until the project is visually and progmatically completed.
Then i may work on ironing it out !!

francwalter

Jan 18, 2023, 9:30:40 AM1/18/23
to Tasker
Rich thanks!
I put my scene now to 1080 x 1680 and now I have full screen.
Works :)