Talanoa programs (final version)

Talanoa Oceania

Mar 31, 2024, 3:11:37 PMMar 31
to UTC Talanoa Team
apologies for cross posting, but this is the final update from the Parramatta team before the gathering this Thursday-Saturday:

Warm bula greetings to you all,

The Talanoa Oceania planning team (Sydney) and the United Theological College (UTC)  look forward to welcoming you next week where Talanoa Oceania 2024 is hosted on the land of the Burramattagal people of the Darug Nation.

Please find attached the latest updated version of the following:
1. Talanoa Oceania full program (April 4-6)
2. Talanoa Spaces (short paper presentations)

As an expression of our cultural heritage and diversity, the organising team invites you to bring a cultural symbol from your tradition with a short written description of a) what the symbol is; b) heritage or country c) what it means/represents for you. For e.g. Fan, Rotuma, fanning embers into flame. On Friday morning after the Acknowledgement to Country and Smoking ceremony, there will be an opportunity for you to bring your symbol and descriptor forward to place on the table as a mindful representation throughout the remaining time we gather of the rich diversity we represent and bring -  as well how these symbols can be both a gift and challenge.

From Tuesday, all the abstracts will be on the UTC website, as well as the Talanoa Oceania full program and Talanoa Spaces program. All updated versions will be uploaded to the website from then if required https://www.utc.edu.au/.  Individual hardcopies of the program will not be available, although we will have several put up in strategic places.

See you all on Thursday April 4. Registration opens at 2pm followed by an informal meet and greet with refreshments from 3.30pm leading to the book launch at 4pm and formal welcome at 5pm.

A meaningful and joyous Easter to you all!
Faiaksia, sef

--

*****

Talanoa Oceania Inc
ABN 58.389.439.840

2. Talanoa 2024 Talanoa Spaces Program (final).pdf
1. Talanoa 2024 program (final draft).pdf