Metabolite Quantification _ Siemens csi_30 and 135 without water unsupressed file

Sai Manohar

Jun 15, 2020, 4:00:29 AM6/15/20
to TARQUIN users' group

Dear Tarquin Community !

Greetings.

I am Sai Manohar , PhD student working on Huntington's disease from India. I am new to MR spectroscopy and also To Tarquin. I need your valuable suggestions with respect to multivoxel MR spectroscopy analysis.

Objective:

  1. To quantify NAA, Cho, Cr, Lac, m-Ins, Glu, Gln, Ala, Asp levels in the caudate, putamen and thalamus region of patients/controls and do relative statistics
  2. To show heat map of metabolite distribution in different regions of the brain

Drawbacks:

  1. Acquired data using 1.5 T machine
  2. Dont have the water unsuppressed  file

Following are the parameters of the data:

Machine: Siemens 1.5T MRI

Sequence: csi_se

Acquisition Parameters:

  1. 16 x 16 voxel grid
  2. TE 30 and TE 135 (csi_30 and csi_135); TR: 1500 ms
  3. 1 measurement with 4 averages.
  4. Voxel size: 10x10x15mm

I have fitted csi_135 control subject file using the default parameters in Tarquin.  I was getting lot of noise. ( attached the peak fitting screenshot)

Help Required:

  1. What are the parameters to use in Data parameters, Preprocessing, Fitting, Postprocessing.
  2. How to check the quality of my peaks and reliability of my results.

I request the community to kindly help me and give me your valuable suggestions.

Thank you so much,

Sai

csi_135_peak fitting_default parameters.JPG