optimize fit: residual issue

Wu Chen

Mar 15, 2024, 1:16:56 PMMar 15
to TARQUIN users' group
Dear Martin
Dear all,

I have problems getting an optimized fit for my Siemens 3T 31P data. We use  3D CSI  for the acquisition and so far Tarquin has been working nicely, but I need help optimizing the fits w.r.t residual signal. I've attached the output from one of my voxels. My question is why I lose so much signal as residual(as shown in the figure in red). Shouldn't it be flat (as shown in the figure in green)?? Is there a way to tweak some parameters so that I can fit the data optimally with the basis set and flatten the residual signal?

Data Parameters:
Dynamic  average : default
Dynamic corr. Ref signals = 31P PCr
Preprocessing:
Water cutoff = 0
Reference offset = 0
Reference signals = 31P PCr
Max dref = 0.1

Fitting:
Start point = 17
End point = 1024
Initial beta 1000
Water concentration = 0
Water attenuation = 0
Max metabolite shift = 3
Max broad shift = 3
Internal Basis Set = 31P brain, 1H decoupled

Postprocessing:
Right PPM limit = -20
Left PPM limit = 20
Smoothing points = 25
Line-broadening = 15

External basis: the one you uploaded here in this forum. Everything else was set to default.
I would appreciate your efforts if you could help me.

Many thanks!
Best wishes,
WC

Wu Chen

Mar 15, 2024, 1:21:22 PMMar 15
to TARQUIN users' group
Sorry. Please find attached the corresponding figure with this messageTest_10_AC_off_IBS_On_PPM2020_LB15_MShft_3_IB1000_SP17_MDef_LDef_SENT.jpg

harshal patel

Mar 22, 2024, 5:44:25 AMMar 22
to TARQUIN users' group
Dear Wu,
Please try Initial beta 500, 1000, 1500 &2000 and see if it helps.
Best wishes
HJP