Prostate MRSI: Citrate basis set

Felix Raschke

Nov 2, 2020, 12:06:15 PM11/2/20
to TARQUIN users' group
Dear all,

I got 3D MRSI prostate datasets acquired at 3T (Siemens). While the vendor provides some peak fitting tools, I wanted to see how the analysis looks like with TARQUIN. Does anybody have experience with prostate MRS analysis of Siemens peak fitting vs TARQUIN. Is it even necessary to use TARQUIN or LCModel for the prostate MRS?
TARQUIN reads the 3D data fine, all I am missing is a basis set that only contains Cit, Cho and Cr. Things I tried:

1) Using the full brain basis set, export as *.basis and then manually remove all metabolites expect Cit, GPC, PCh and Cr. Unfortunately, TARQUIN 4.3.10. on Win 10 x64 crashes when I try to define this modified basis file (or the original basis file for that matter). With 4.3.11. on CentOS, it works with the original basis file, but not with the modified one (Error: missing sIns for referencing - !? even though there is no sIns in either basis file).

2) Create a folder and copy the 3T basisset csv files for Cho and Cr into that and define as folder for the basis set. This works, but there is no csv file for Cit. I guess that is simulated as a gaussian/lorentzian peak only? I tried to create a new Cit csv file, but I don't quite understand how to input this info into the csv file (https://doi.org/10.1002/9780470034590.emrstm1530):

I appreciate any suggestions or pointers :)

Many thanks,

Felix