Error reading SPAR files in command line on Linux

Paul

Mar 30, 2022, 7:41:18 AM3/30/22
to TARQUIN users' group
Hi Martin,

I have a problem when trying to run Tarquin from the command line on a linux system (Ubuntu 20.04). Basically it gives me an error message saying:
error loading FID: SPAR file '<filename>.SPAR' does not exist.

Note, the GUI will load the same files fine, (and the *.SPAR file is there) it's just the command line that has a problem, hampering my ability to use a script to automate my analysis.

Any ideas? (apart from use SPANT instead - which I may end up doing)

Note, works fine on my Mac, just a problem on linux.

Martin Wilson

Mar 31, 2022, 3:44:05 AM3/31/22
to TARQUIN users' group
Hi Paul,

It's probably to do with some weird unicode character in the file
name. Can you rename the files to something simple like TEST.SPAR and
TEST.SDAT and see if it goes away?

Martin

Paul Mullins

Mar 31, 2022, 5:55:13 AM3/31/22
to tarquin_u...@googlegroups.com

Hi Martin, I can try this next week when I’m back on campus, but I don’t think that’s the problem. Tried it on several different files, some already renamed, but will give it a go anyhow just to see. I tried to revert the version to 4.3.10 or 4.3.9 but not actually sure how to do that with the “snap” install process.

Has anyone else used Tarquin on a Linux box with Philips data?

Prof Paul Mullins

Ysgol Gwyddorau Dynol ac Ymddygiadol

E-bost: p.mu...@bangor.ac.uk
Ffôn: 01248 383631

m6TwOqRaSnXY2f2PAtjjQ4ewaDxH6fDYU0OZ2AwrKCIZWwKOdAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCRydw i’n siarad rhywfaint o Gymraeg

Prof Paul Mullins
Professor in Psychology
School of Human and Behavioural Sciences

Email: p.mu...@bangor.ac.uk
Phone: 01248 383631

m6TwOqRaSnXY2f2PAtjjQ4ewaDxH6fDYU0OZ2AwrKCIZWwKOdAAAAAElFTkSuQmCCI can speak some Welsh

AF249V0rqh68AAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

7EHYAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

7EHYAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

If you are a student wishing to have a tutor or other meeting, please use the link below to book my office hours

https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/ProfessorP...@bangoroffice365.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/

Mae croeso i chi gysylltu gyda'r Brifysgol yn Gymraeg neu Saesneg

You are welcome to contact the University in Welsh or English

Rhif Elusen Gofrestredig 1141565 - Registered Charity No. 1141565

Gall y neges e-bost hon, ac unrhyw atodiadau a anfonwyd gyda hi, gynnwys deunydd cyfrinachol ac wedi eu bwriadu i'w defnyddio'n unig gan y sawl y cawsant eu cyfeirio ato (atynt). Os ydych wedi derbyn y neges e-bost hon trwy gamgymeriad, rhowch wybod i'r anfonwr ar unwaith a dilewch y neges. Os na fwriadwyd anfon y neges atoch chi, rhaid i chi beidio a defnyddio, cadw neu ddatgelu unrhyw wybodaeth a gynhwysir ynddi. Mae unrhyw farn neu safbwynt yn eiddo i'r sawl a'i hanfonodd yn unig ac nid yw o anghenraid yn cynrychioli barn Prifysgol Bangor. Nid yw Prifysgol Bangor yn gwarantu bod y neges e-bost hon neu unrhyw atodiadau yn rhydd rhag firysau neu 100% yn ddiogel. Oni bai fod hyn wedi ei ddatgan yn uniongyrchol yn nhestun yr e-bost, nid bwriad y neges e-bost hon yw ffurfio contract rhwymol - mae rhestr o lofnodwyr awdurdodedig ar gael o Swyddfa Cyllid Prifysgol Bangor.

This email and any attachments may contain confidential material and is solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email. If you are not the intended recipient(s), you must not use, retain or disclose any information contained in this email. Any views or opinions are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of Bangor University. Bangor University does not guarantee that this email or any attachments are free from viruses or 100% secure. Unless expressly stated in the body of the text of the email, this email is not intended to form a binding contract - a list of authorised signatories is available from the Bangor University Finance Office.

Martin Wilson

Mar 31, 2022, 6:27:58 AM3/31/22
to TARQUIN users' group
Hi Paul,

If you're using the snap version, that's the most likely cause. snap puts everything into a secure isolated container and probably doesn't like tarquin searching around the file system for extra files. Will see if I can reproduce at my end...

Martin

Martin Wilson

Mar 31, 2022, 6:55:28 AM3/31/22
to TARQUIN users' group
I see the problem, just wasn't giving the command line version the same access to the filesystem as the GUI. Will let you know when a fixed version is available on the snap store...

Martin

Paul Mullins

Mar 31, 2022, 6:56:34 AM3/31/22
to tarquin_u...@googlegroups.com
Great news mate, and thanks for always being so responsive.

Martin Wilson

Mar 31, 2022, 7:46:32 AM3/31/22
to TARQUIN users' group
Ok Paul "snap refresh tarquin" should do the trick!

Martin

Paul Mullins

Mar 31, 2022, 8:00:57 AM3/31/22
to tarquin_u...@googlegroups.com

Cheers Martin, will get to it on Monday.

Hope you are well.