Spectral Noise region

Rachael Franklin

Apr 28, 2021, 3:53:30 AM4/28/21
to TARQUIN users' group

Dear all,

I have been using TARQUIN for fitting MR spectra, with a view to comparing and evaluating two different spectroscopy pulse sequences. I’d like to gain a better understanding of the fit parameters, to be able to compare spectra; specifically, what region of the spectrum is used to calculated spectral noise?

Many thanks,
Rachael

Trainee Clinical Scientist – MRI
Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Trust

Martin Wilson

Apr 28, 2021, 3:56:05 AM4/28/21
to TARQUIN users' group
Hi Rachael,

The spectrum is split into segments of 200 points and the noise is
calculated for each. The noise is estimated to be the lowest value
found.

Martin