SMS/MMS text input

Ant

May 3, 2009, 6:34:08 AM5/3/09
to tarpipe
I am sure this is not so easy but wouldn't it be fantastic if you
could send a SMS/text message direct to tarpipe? I'd also love to be
able to MMS photos. I am sure tarpipe will be able to do that one day.
In the meantime, does anyone know a way to do that indirectly - maybe
sending a photo to facebook and then getting that to trigger tarpipe
or similar?

Pedro Duque

May 3, 2009, 6:43:02 AM5/3/09
to tar...@googlegroups.com
I usually send pics as emails from my SE W880. It has email and I've configured it to access my google account (it's from where i'm sending this email) and it's a low end phone.

----
Sent using a Sony Ericsson mobile phone

Ant

May 3, 2009, 6:50:33 AM5/3/09
to tarpipe
I'll look at that, thanks Pedro.
Ant

Bruno Pedro

May 3, 2009, 7:46:07 AM5/3/09
to tar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the feedback,

Most of the cell phones let you send an MMS to an e-mail address. You just compose your message as you usually do and when asked for a recipient, type your tarpipe workflow e-mail address instead of a phone number.

Please take a look at http://blog.tarpipe.com/2008/07/04/how-to-publish-from-your-cell-phone/ for more information.

Bruno Pedro

Ant

May 14, 2009, 10:19:07 AM5/14/09
to tarpipe
Just to complete the thread I found that I can't MMS to an email
address from my phone, but I can email from it. So I'm happy. It's a
Nokia 6230i BTW.
Thanks for your help.
Ant