identi.ca

1 view

trodrigues

Dec 2, 2008, 7:07:58 AM12/2/08
to tarpipe
Hi there.

I recently started using tarpipe and identi.ca, and I login to
identi.ca with OpenID. However, tarpipe asks me for a username and a
password and therefore I can't login to identi.ca. Can something be
done about this ?

Ideally, since I already login to tarpipe with OpenID, all I should
have to do was tell tarpipe "I use this service with OpenID too, so
just login to it".

hpl

Jan 7, 2009, 10:54:59 AM1/7/09
to tarpipe
I have a similar "problem": If I'm already logged in to google I still
have to log on again via the blogger open ID if I want to use tarpipe.

Alexandre Loureiro Solleiro

Jan 7, 2009, 11:02:38 AM1/7/09
to tar...@googlegroups.com
On Jan 7, 2009, at 3:54 PM, hpl wrote:

> I have a similar "problem": If I'm already logged in to google I still
> have to log on again via the blogger open ID if I want to use tarpipe.

That's normal.

OpenID doesn't come with "single sign-on" across all applications,
even if they use OpenID.

You can use the same OpenID to sign up and login to different sites,
but your session is still restricted to each different application or
domain.

Hope I was clear :)

Alex

> On 2 Dez. 2008, 13:07, trodrigues <tmcrodrig...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi there.
>>
>> I recently started using tarpipe and identi.ca, and I login to
>> identi.ca with OpenID. However, tarpipe asks me for a username and a
>> password and therefore I can't login to identi.ca. Can something be
>> done about this ?
>>
>> Ideally, since I already login to tarpipe with OpenID, all I should
>> have to do was tell tarpipe "I use this service with OpenID too, so
>> just login to it".

Alexandre Loureiro Solleiro
alexandre...@gmail.com

hpl

Jan 8, 2009, 10:45:42 AM1/8/09
to tarpipe
I didn't know that. Thanks!

On Jan 7, 5:02 pm, Alexandre Loureiro Solleiro