Exciting collaboration, t-shirts, fountains

TAP thirst

Apr 3, 2012, 10:47:54 AM4/3/12
to tapthirst...@googlegroups.com
Hey everybody,

The group Alliance Romaine needs help relocating a workshop about Plan Nord on April 14th. Plan Nord being a development that will imeasurably impact Quebec's water, I think that it is a relevant and important issue for us to collaborate on.

What do y'all think? Can we co-sponsor this event? Please let me know by Wednesday at 2pm! Here's the info:

Alliance Romaine is looking for a space for a fundraising event, last minute!

Our space at UQÀM just gave us the boot because the strike is continuing strong and they are cutting services to student groups. We have a day event planned, 13h30 - 22h. It's for the 14th of April, a saturday.

We are looking to raise funds for some upcoming awareness campaigns and actions, to help to protect the Romaine river and to raise awareness about the devastating consequences of Québec's new Plan Nord.
The day would flow like this: a Forum Ouvert style discussion about actions we can take for the Plan Nord. Followed by food eating, art making, and a photo exhibit / photo sale (photos of the Romaine river), and then music, merriment and beer consumption afterwords.

Our most important needs: a space to gather (around 50 people max...) and converse in small groups. A spot to show and sell photos of the romaine river (it doesn't need to be a big space, a table or two). A space to have a band playing music (casually). start at 13h30 and end the earliest at 21h.

Our wishful needs (aspects to the day that can be compromised for the space, if needed...): to be able to cook some food close by, to be able to work on a piece of collective art for an upcoming protest at the Salon Du Plan Nord the weekend after, to be able to give food away for donation, to be able to sell beer or give it out for donation (we can get a liquor license), end the evening around 23h.

We have some funds for space rental, and some volunteers to help prepare and clean the space as needed.

If you have a space available for us, that would be amazing! please contact asap, ideally before thursday the 5th, thank you so much,

In other news, I would like to screen print some t-shirts! Is this something that we all need to get together and approve, or can anyone who is interested in helping design the t-shirt agree to meet sometime this week? We can print them for free at the St Emilie Skillshare on Saturday. I can provide the t-shirts.

That idea leads into another one- a celebration of the new water fountains in the Hall building, and a real awareness push during exam period (so that people aren't buying bottled water while they study!). Ashley, it would be cool to set up Immersed (the water room) during exam period, so that people could use it as a relaxation place! Maybe? What do you think? And we could give prizes to people who re-fill their own bottles at the fountains (like a TAPthirst t-shirt!)

Write me back I love mail!
Davita

LAURA BEACH

Apr 3, 2012, 1:52:52 PM4/3/12
to tapthirst...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

I am fully supportive of co-sponsoring with Alliance Romaine. We've collaborated with them in the past and I've found them to be a really smart, engaging and passionate group of people - with a mandate that blends beautifully with our own. Hooray!

As far as meeting their needs... I'm not sure how easy it would be to book the multifaith chaplaincy kitchen and hang out space, but that would be a really great spot for conversation, cooking, presentations, etc. Does anyone know how one might go about that? Perhaps talking to Ellie or Laura...

As for silk-screening, I think that's a rad idea and also fully support it. I don't know if the whole group would have to approve the design... I'm sure its fine so long as its not incredibly offensive or something... which I don't imagine it would be. I'd love to help out on Saturday, but I'm at work allllll day. :(

The celebration of new water fountains is also a GREAT IDEA.

Davita, you are lovely.

Everyone else.... you're lovely too. Except for Mike - he is shmovely.

Laura

Jackie Martin

Apr 3, 2012, 9:23:44 PM4/3/12
to tapthirst...@googlegroups.com
Yep, I think a collaboration with them sounds great.  The multifaith chaplincy seems like a great spot. I can't think of any other place that would suit their needs.

As far as tap thirst shirts go for it!  I trust that you'll make a awesome design.

 Jackie

Michael Heinermann

Apr 3, 2012, 10:48:52 PM4/3/12
to tapthirst...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Alliance romaine is defs in my good books, so I support the collab. Multi-faith chaplaincy sounds gooda. T-shirts sound good, I can't design a thing but I can criticize art pretty well.

See y'all lata!

Except for Laura... I'll see you in a while...

Fern Allie

Apr 5, 2012, 5:01:05 PM4/5/12
to tapthirst...@googlegroups.com

I am rather behind but I totally agree that anything Alliance Romaine is relevant and important to us.

I like the t-shirt idea, when did you want to do that?  I’m no good at design, but I would still be interested in the process if not done and if available at that time.

I do agree about the awesome new water fountains in the Hall building!  I think Immersed as a relaxation place sounds fantastic!

Fern

--

Fern Adjoa

WaPreG

PS Est-il vraiment nécessaire d'imprimer ce courriel? ... It is really necessary to print this email?