We need to brainstorm t-shirt ideas!

1 view

Faisal Shennib

May 30, 2012, 1:08:03 PM5/30/12
to TAP thirst, TAPthirst
Hey tapthirst and SC!

The university is down to make t-shirts to sell at the bookstore about bottled water and fountains.I thought it would be good to get together to brainstorm ideas.

Davita had an idea for promoting tapthirst - it was to have the front of the shirt say something about concordia going bottled-water free and have the back have divers coming out of a tap and spelling tapthirst. I think this is a neat idea. I see it as a promotional t-shirt for tapthirst though. Maybe it would be good if tapthirst sold them as fundraising.

I think it would also be good to have some ideas that are more generally about bottled water and tap water. Most people probably don't know what tapthirst is so I'm not sure most people would buy those t-shirts. So let me know what ideas you have!!

I'm thinking things that have messages along the lines of:
- I drink tap water (like I heart Tap Water, Concordia drinks tap water, Concordia supports water as a human right)
- Tap water is awesome for x reason (inspected 1000x per day or whatever, is 1000x cheaper than bottled water)
And more negative ones....
- I don't drink bottled water
- Bottled water sucks for x reason (waste of money, waste of materials/energy, not healthier, water is human right...shouldn't be privatized

I need your ideas! Faaaast! Because they want us to order these things as soon as possible so that we can have them in time for end of August. So please send me ideas before next week!

They are also down to order custom bottles. I think it would be cool to have similar messages on both if possible.

Anyway, this is something the university Communications department will be designing but they want our input. My feeling is they will only want positive message items...for negative message items we'd probably have to figure something out ourselves.

- Faisal

TAP thirst

May 31, 2012, 12:07:22 PM5/31/12
to tapthirst...@googlegroups.com
Hey everyone!

Faisal I should clarify- that TAPthirst t-shirt idea I had was strictly for TAPthirst, for us to sell/give away next year.

But as far as shirts and bottles to sell in the bookstore, I LOVE the idea of "Concordia drinks tap" or something like that. The tricky thing with t-shirts though is making them appealing. I envisioned a Concordia shirt, with the school's logo or whatever, the year 2012-2013, and something like "Concordia goes bottled water free".

I'm totally happy to help with it, but I think these things should be separate from TAPthirst. We don't want to trick admin into thinking that we're done pressuring the school on these issues.

Thanks Faisal, this is so cool!
Davita

- Faisal

SusCon CCSA

May 31, 2012, 12:58:38 PM5/31/12
to tapthirst...@googlegroups.com, SC Coordinators
What about something like this?

Ashley
----------
CCSA 2012
Sustainable Concordia
2090 Mackay 204-1

1455 de Maisonneuve Blvd W
Concordia University S-Z204-1
Montreal QC H3G1M8
(514) 848 2424 x5829
susco...@gmail.com
http://sustainable.concordia.ca/
Water T-shirt Idea.png

Michael Heinermann

Jun 1, 2012, 12:40:08 AM6/1/12
to tapthirst...@googlegroups.com, SC Coordinators
Concordia likes dirty water? :P I like it, just maybe clear/blue water coming out of the tap.