Opening Soiree

TAP thirst

Oct 2, 2012, 7:20:03 PM10/2/12
to tapthirst...@googlegroups.com
Hey Everyone!

Stefanie at the greenhouse has offered us a lower rate for using the space on October 10th (our opening party, soiree, hhmmm we need a good name!!)

So $15 booking fee, plus a $10-$25 hourly fee! That means that at least we will pay $35 for the night, at most $65. I do believe we can afford at least $65 for the whole evening- so including food (I am waiting for confirmation from our QPIRG solidarity budget). Therefore I suggest we pay $45 to the greenhouse, and have $20, or hopefully more, for snacks. Does this sound ok?

Professor Peter Graham from SCPA said he is interested in speaking/leading a discussion on the process communitites go through when deciding to allow provate companies to bottle their water. Wahoo! Still waiting for him to double triple quadruple confirm, then I'll have a poster made ASAP!

Here is what we need to do:
-come up with a name for the party
-decide what food to serve
-put up posters once they're made

Please let me know if you can help with any of these tasks! (and let's just start emailing around name suggestions) Polly and Yazzy have offered to do some baking for the night. But I'm sure they could use some help too!

For now let's start spreading the word!
Thanks thanks thanks!
Davita

Laura Beach

Oct 4, 2012, 3:47:46 PM10/4/12
to tapthirst...@googlegroups.com
Sounds great!!

I am happy to make and bring some snacks. :)