Taplynx Replacements?

mbritt

Feb 11, 2015, 7:24:30 AM2/11/15
to tap...@googlegroups.com
Like others on this list, I have a Tapynx-powered app currently in the app store and as time goes by the app is suffering because of the lack of updates.  But the idea behind the app is still great - a highly customizable RSS-powered app. What can we do now that the code has apparently been abandoned?  I've been looking around for alternatives but with no luck.

I bought source code from Chupamobile because it appeared to do what Taplynx did, but it just hasn't been able to work quite right:

I know another option is to use one of those online WYSIWYG approaches to app building (http://www.appmakr.com/) is one example, and there are others, but I don't think these approaches are as flexible as the Taplynx code is (was), nor do I want to get into a monthly payment fee when the apps themselves, like most apps, don't make much money.

I wish Taplynx/Oracle had tried to come up with a pricing strategy so that Taplynx could have been kept alive.  Oh well...

So what are the alternatives for this idea of an RSS-powered, flexible and affordable code?

Kevin Read

Feb 11, 2015, 7:25:45 AM2/11/15
to tap...@googlegroups.com
I really wish they’d open source TapLynx rather than bury it .

Regards
Kevin

Kevin Read

---