TapLynx Users Using Push Notifications

Ashley Sawtelle

Jan 17, 2013, 2:23:48 PM1/17/13
to tap...@googlegroups.com, TapLynx Team

Dear TapLynx User,

***Important changes to Push Notifications in TapLynx***

As of February 1, 2013 our previous Push Notification service will cease.

Any users are encouraged to upgrade to our new Push Notification service.

Please continue to read to see how to migrate or add our new Push Notification service to your app.

We have decided to replace the old push notification
system with a new version of Push IO services for improved speed and
flexibility. The push notification services that you have currently
implemented in your TapLynx app WILL NOT WORK after this transition is
made.

This new system will need to be integrated into your TapLynx app and
submitted to the App store or your app will no longer receive push
notifications once we've made the upgrade.

As always, we are here to assist you in every step of the process to help
make this as painless as possible. To upgrade to the new system and
implement push notifications into your app, you must first signup for a new
Push IO account here: https://manage.push.io/auth/invitation/new. To ease
the transition you will have 30 days to make the switch free of charge
before you are prompted to chose a payment plan which start at $99 for
25,000 pushes. The 25,000 pushes can be counted toward one app or across
multiple apps.

Upgrading to the new system requires a few steps outlined in our
document "How to transition push notifications to the New TapLynx" (
https://pushio.zendesk.com/entries/22572547-how-to-transition-push-notifications-to-the-new-taplynx
)

If you have auto-push enabled and wish to be moved over to the new push
system, we will have to setup the backend of your account manually. Please
complete the following tasks and contact us directly so we can setup your
auto-push notifications.

Steps to signup and integrate the new Push IO into your TapLynx app:

1. Signup for a NEW Push IO account (
https://manage.push.io/auth/invitation/new
2. Download the new TapLynx library (1.5.4 http://bit.ly/TapLynx154
3. Put the API key from your Push IO account into the NGConfig of your
TapLynx app
4. Setup Push Notifications with the New TapLynx (
https://pushio.zendesk.com/entries/22572547-how-to-transition-push-notifications-to-the-new-taplynx

5. Send us your NGConfig file to sup...@push.io
6. We will setup your RSS feeds to be auto-pushed

***Please respond by next Mon. the 24th of Dec. if you wish us to setup
your auto-push notifications.***

We appreciate your patience through this transition as we make our TapLynx
service even better.

Thank you for being a valued TapLynx customer and please don't hesitate to
contact us if we can be of any further assistance at sup...@taplynx.com

Best,

Ashley