Any update on the status of TapLynx?

Ton

Sep 19, 2014, 5:05:01 AM9/19/14
to tap...@googlegroups.com
Hi TapLynxers,

Can anyone tell me what the status of TapLynx is? Never mind the iOS 7 compatible version, iOS 8 has just been released and I'm pretty sure my app is not as compatible as it can and should be. Is TapLynx still being actively developed? Or should we hop over to another framework and start all over again?

Joshua Benton

Sep 19, 2014, 1:22:09 PM9/19/14
to tap...@googlegroups.com
I think it's safe and appropriate to consider Taplynx an abandoned project. No updates or tweets since 2012 — I don't even think the download link works anymore:

http://taplynx.com/download/

Would love to hear about alternate frameworks people are using/looking at.

Josh

commedia

Sep 19, 2014, 1:30:16 PM9/19/14
to tap...@googlegroups.com
it's incredible; a good idea, simple, performant... lost

Magicgate Software - Skip Kimpel

Sep 19, 2014, 1:33:42 PM9/19/14
to tap...@googlegroups.com
I switched over to LiveCode  (www.LiveCode.com) and am THRILLED that I did.

Taplynx ended up being a total waste of time for me. I am glad I only purchased one license at the time.

SKIP KIMPEL

---

Chris Poterala

Sep 19, 2014, 1:34:36 PM9/19/14
to tap...@googlegroups.com
Move to a new framework. There are plenty of updated ones you might use.
chris poterala - pote...@gmail.com
http://twitter.com/potsie

lknobel

Sep 20, 2014, 3:38:41 PM9/20/14
to tap...@googlegroups.com
If you get any good answers, Joshua, I'd be interested to know.