What other cities have been doing with opendata

Will Skora

Aug 29, 2011, 1:11:43 PM8/29/11
to TAP Open Data

I've collected some resources on opendata (examples of what other
cities are doing, along with some commentary) if anyone is interested
to browse through.

http://pinboard.in/u:skorasaurus/t:opendata/

James R Stone

Aug 29, 2011, 9:38:36 PM8/29/11
to tap-op...@googlegroups.com
Thanks here's one for you... http://geeksforwonks.org/2011/08/wonks-for-geeks/
--
Best Regards,
James R Stone

"The skill of coding is to create a context in which other people can contribute."

Jeff Schuler

Aug 31, 2011, 9:21:03 PM8/31/11
to tap-op...@googlegroups.com
Hey, thanks, that's awesome Will. I hadn't seen either Chicago's or Baltimore's catalog.

I've been socially-bookmarking some #opendata resources too: http://www.delicious.com/jeffschuler/opendata

I know others have more examples and the list will keep growing. What do you all think of us setting up a wiki to start keeping track of this stuff?

Beth and I had a good conversation tonight with Chase Southard of OpenLexington. They use PBWorks (free and easy) for their wiki. (Interestingly enough, their wiki's Examples in the Wild page has a few Northeast Ohio links.)

Anyone want to set something up? I'm relatively platform agnostic here, though I think a wiki can grow more easily than a Google Docs solution.

+Jeff

Adam Harvey

Sep 1, 2011, 6:18:37 PM9/1/11
to tap-op...@googlegroups.com
Here's a big ole list of eGov/OpenGov/Gov20 blogs that I put together a couple of years ago:

--
Adam