Enabling Offline tour

mmoz...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2015, 1:48:32 PM3/9/15
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

We are working with Drupal\TAP as a server side content management.
We developed a Phonegap based application to display the content we get via the tourML.

My question is: Is there a way to work without internet connection against the Drupal Server?
In other words - can we download the content (including images, videos, etc.) and store it locally on the devices?
Can we save the materials and their fields locally in the same structure they were saved on the server so that we will be able to use the tourML by only changing the root of the URL?

I hope the question is clear...
Moshe

Kyle Jaebker

Mar 9, 2015, 4:49:23 PM3/9/15
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
We do this in our apps, basically you need to do some book keeping for the files.

You will want to save the file to the device and keep track of the url you pulled it from and where it is stored locally. Then when the app makes a request for the file you can check to see if it has been cached locally and serve that instead of pulling from the server.

Kyle

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact Kyle Jaebker by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

mmoz...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2015, 3:24:23 AM3/10/15
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
Hi Kyle,
Thank you for the prompt response.

I like this approach.
It gives an elegant ability to use the offline materials once they are in place. thanks!

Yet a question - what is the best way to create the local DB that reflects the Drupal DB?
Is there a tool or utility that can download the materials to the device in the same structure it is saved in the Server?
Can it be in sync with the Drupal DB and - again, using some utility - reflects the changes (Add\Update\Delete) in the Server to the local device?
Which mechanism have you used?

בתאריך יום שני, 9 במרץ 2015 בשעה 22:49:23 UTC+2, מאת Kyle Jaebker:

Kyle Jaebker

Mar 29, 2015, 8:08:19 AM3/29/15
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com