offline use + stats + android

christophe

Mar 10, 2016, 11:04:28 AM3/10/16
to TAP Discuss
Greetings,

We have a new project and we would really like to build on TAP

But the requirements are:
- offline mode: wi-fi is scarce, a web app is not possible, you must be able to make an initial download and subsequent updates
- stats: we need to know how people are using it
- android: 98% of our users are running android

I hear a lot about the Cordova/Ionic Framework these days, would it be an option?

At the moment it's more a question of rapid prototyping and user testing, rather than performance optimized native solutions.
That's why we're considering the hybrid framework option.

Has someone tried it? what do you think?

All the best
Christophe

Kyle Jaebker

Mar 10, 2016, 12:57:59 PM3/10/16
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
Christophe,

We have done some specific work around downloading all assets on the iOS side of things, so it is definitely possible.

I think utilizing something like Cordova/Ionic would meet your needs for getting something up and running quickly. You might be able to sue the existing web app code and modify it to download all content.

For stats I would just utilize Google Analytics, you may need to setup some form of caching of the data though if there is no connection. There are other tools like Flurry that might also work well for this.

If you have a solid Android dev, I would think the basic functionality of TAP would not be too hard to build for android as well. We just have not had the proper resource to do it ourselves.

Kyle

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact Kyle Jaebker by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.