Images not displaying in Image Stop

Don Erwin

Aug 2, 2013, 11:01:19 PM8/2/13
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
Images are not displaying in an image stop.  Only the title and a broken image icon are shown.  However, when viewing in the TAP Web-App Preview, you can hover over the broken image icon and the thumbnail does display.  (Behaves the same way if you just enter the URL into a browser.)  I uploaded the images from my computer.  Also tried using one from the "library".
image-stop-1.gif

Kyle Jaebker

Aug 5, 2013, 3:28:11 PM8/5/13
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
Don,

Check the display settings for the image stop

If you click the gear icon on the right of the Image Asset field make sure that Thumbnail and Original are selected. This should make sure your image is appearing.

If that does not work you may be running into this issue with Drupal image styles not allowing direct access:

Kyle

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact Kyle Jaebker by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Don Erwin

Aug 5, 2013, 4:22:16 PM8/5/13
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Kyle.  However, I don't see a gear icon next to the Image Asset field.  Am I looking in the wrong place?
I went to the image stop, then the Edit tab and scrolled down to Image Asset.

Image_Asset.png

Don Erwin

Aug 5, 2013, 4:36:10 PM8/5/13
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
I think I found it...

Structure > Content Types > Image Stop > Manage Display > TourML XML > Image Asset

I shift-clicked to also select original (it was not selected before) and saved.  However, I get the same result.

Kyle Jaebker

Aug 5, 2013, 5:04:21 PM8/5/13
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
Make sure you clear your browser cache, we do cache the TourML in local storage to speed up the web app.

Don Erwin

Aug 5, 2013, 5:22:08 PM8/5/13
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
I cleared cache, but no joy.

I looked in the Drupal Answer you referenced, the solution for which was to upgrade to Drupal 7.21.  My install is up to 7.22, so I'll keep digging.

From my XML file, I see that
part="image" is referenced in this location:
This one displays when hovering over the broken image icon and when you enter it directly into a browser.

and part="thumbnail" is:
This one gets the Denied access message when you enter it directly into a browser.

and part="original" is:
This one gets the Page not found message when you enter it directly into a browser.

I verified that the thumbnail and original settings were actually saved in the Image Asset display control.

Feel free to try to access my little test tour here:

Don Erwin

Aug 5, 2013, 8:48:03 PM8/5/13
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
Some more info about my earlier post:

The "original" and "thumbnail" directories do not exist under the .../drupal/sites/default/files/styles/ directory on the file system.  However, the "square_thumbnail" directory does and it contains all of the image files.  It seems as though something is nor recognizing the settings in teh Image Asset TourML XML settings...

Any ideas?

Thanks!
-Don

Kyle Jaebker

Aug 5, 2013, 9:24:52 PM8/5/13
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
Don,

I'm not sure why the images are not getting a path created with the necessary token. Adding this line to your settings.php will fix the issue:

$conf['image_allow_insecure_derivatives'] = TRUE;

However it does say that this can lead to some ddos exploit. Without going through and changing all of the links to include a token this is the only way to make it work. We will have to go through the code and find all of the places that his is an issue to fix. It seems this may have been a bug in the file field.

From: Don Erwin <early...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, August 5, 2013 8:48 PM
To: "tap-d...@googlegroups.com" <tap-d...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: Re: Images not displaying in Image Stop

Don Erwin

Aug 5, 2013, 10:53:26 PM8/5/13
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
That did the trick, but I think you are saying that it fixed the symptom and not the cause? Not a problem for now as this is all just a proof of concept.

Cannot thank you enough for all your help and attention!
-Don