Adding Content Types

Amy

May 11, 2011, 4:30:27 PM5/11/11
to TAP Discuss
Thanks so much to all of you at IMA for creating this amazing project
and making it open source! Really enjoyed your presentations at the
M&W conference in Philly last month.

We are developing TAP for the Penn Museum's ipod tours.

I've managed to create a tour that includes video stops in English,
Spanish and Sign Language for each object. I would like to change the
icons (video-stop.png) for all of these videos stops to indicate
visually which language they are. Would I have to create different
content types for each to be able to assign different icons? Or is
there an easier way?

I could create a separate tour for each language, but I'd love for
people to be able to toggle between the 3 languages easily from one
place.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Amy

Charlie Moad

May 12, 2011, 2:58:31 PM5/12/11
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Right now the iOS application has icons for each type of stop. In order to adjust the icon based on an additional parameter, you would have to modify the Drupal side to add more information to the video stops. TourML (as supported by the current CMS) has a <param key="..." value="..."/> element for stops. Then you would need to modify the iOS code to check this parameter in order to determine the icon.

The new TourML spec will support these needs much better since assets and stops are separated. You use case is a valuable one for us moving forward.

MFA Boston has modified TAP to support the multilingual approach you are describing. Jesse from MFA has shared this code before and I am sure he would be happy to do that again. TAP out of the box supports the native localization features of iOS and will export a iOS bundle that is also localized. This requires the language to be set in the device preferences however.

Good luck and feel free to ask any more questions.

- Charlie

Thanks,
Amy

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact Charlie Moad by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Thanh Huong Tran

Apr 18, 2014, 5:39:43 AM4/18/14
to tap-d...@googlegroups.com, amyell...@gmail.com
Hello, I have a question, I want to create a tour with many languages but I don't know how to do, and everytime I try to export tourml (xml file) I have just the information about the tour with just 1 language, example :  xml:lang="fr" or xml:lang="en" and I use entity translation to translate my tour but the language in the xml file it's the language I choose for drupal interface and not the language I choose when I create my tour.
And I have 2 file xml for 2 language and not 1 like in the tourml example of IMA.
Can someone help me please!!! Thank you so much