Invitation to a Tech Talk on Survey Drones - Thursday 8th June, 12:30 - 14:00

Emma Davies

Jun 5, 2017, 1:59:45 AM6/5/17
to Tanzania-mhealth

Dear all,

I'd like to extend an invite to the next in the series of Tech Talks hosted by the DPG for Innovation and Technology.  Led by Frederick Mbuya, a member of the Tanzania Open Data Initiative (TODI), this talk will explore how Unmanned Air Vehicles (Drones!) can help to realize the African Union Vision of a continent that is peaceful, integrated, people-centered, and prosperous. The session will also showcase the use of survey drones in enhancing Land Tenure Management Systems in rural Tanzania and building flood inundation models for Disaster Response Management. Please see attached the flyer with more information and a policy brief for further background.

Please register for the event by Wednesday June 7th by completing the online form. There is limited availability but we will do our best to accommodate everyone.

Date: Thursday, 8th June

Time: 12:30 – 14:00

Venue: 5th floor,  Umoja House, Garden Avenue, Dar es Salaam

Lunch and refreshments will be provided.

Many thanks

Emma

drone-survey-flyer+web.png