Invitation to D-tree session on digital health program in Zanzibar

Erica Layer

May 22, 2018, 12:23:25 PM5/22/18
to tanzania...@googlegroups.com, Rachel Hofmann

Dear mHealth Community of Practice,

As you may know, this week is Tanzania Innovation Week, supported by the Human Development Innovation Fund. As part of the events, D-tree will be presenting about our Safer Deliveries program in collaboration with the Zanzibar Ministry of Health.

We would like to invite you and your colleagues to join us to learn more about the nation-wide digital community health program we have been implementing since 2011 which equips community health volunteers with mobile phones to support case management and service delivery for pregnant women and their families. Through this program, we have demonstrated 50% increases in facility deliveries and 4-fold increases in postpartum follow-up visits and have engaged in capacity building of the Ministry of Health and district health teams to use real-time data for decision-making. The program is currently being expanded to support full MNCH services for children under 5 and will be institutionalized within the Ministry system.

Please join us from 9 – 11 am on Thursday, May 24 at COSTECH.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Kind regards,

Erica

Erica Layer
CEO

D-tree International
www.d-tree.org
+255 75 525 8988

.

D-tree - HDIF Innovation Week - Safer Deliveries.pdf