The most unusual Summer. Virtual festivals, and maybe even one real live show!

opland

Jul 14, 2020, 2:03:45 AM7/14/20
to Tania Opland World Music news
Hello to our far-flung friends and not so far off family.

2020 - the year no one saw coming - has some off-the-wall opportunities to go along with all the hassles and hardships. We have two festivals coming up, whose clever organizers decided to go online rather than cancel all together. That means you all get a chance to attend!

And before that, a friend of ours here in Anchorage - sound engineer extraordinaire Lucy Peckham - will be presenting live music in her driveway every other weekend. This coming Sunday (July 19), that’s us! Dependent on the weather, of course, which is why we say “maybe” one live show.

Sunday, July 19, 4 - 5 pm Alaska time
LIVE ON JUPITER DRIVE - 8900 Jupiter Drive, Anchorage Alaska.
Free, outdoor concert, weather dependent! Masks and social distancing are the order of the event. Bring a chair or sit on the lawn.
No charge, no tipping - or probably even CD sales - at the event, so if you want to use this as an excuse to make a donation, just go to the tipjar page on our website. You can do that any time 😉
We will send out another message if we have to cancel for weather.

Saturday, Aug 8, all day
PORT GAMBLE MARITIME MUSIC FESTIVAL - www.portgamblemaritimemusic.com
This has been a great local festival for us when we’re on the Kitsap Peninsula in western Washington. Since we’ve landed in Anchorage for however long this takes, we are delighted to still be able to join our now not-so-local friends in cyberspace to keep the tradition going.

Labor Day weekend, September 4 - 6
TUMBLEWEED MUSIC FESTIVAL - www.tumbleweedfest.com
Tumbleweed is a combination of a big free music festival and a big three day musicians’ party. We’ll be doing the virtual lineup both in duo asn Tania Opland & Mike Freeman, and also teamed up with our favorite music buddies William Pint & Felicia Dale, playing as our hurdy-gurdy centered alternative act, Les Strompettes. www.strompettes.com

Hope to see you - really, in person - somewhere down the road.
🌈🎶Tania & Mike