Forging On Ahead - Seattle Folklore Concert

TANIA OPLAND

Sep 23, 2022, 5:44:45 AM9/23/22
to tania-...@googlegroups.com
Hello to all our far-flung friends,

We’re finding ways back in to live performing in the Covid era, while also trying to keep sharing performances online.
🏡 Less than a month ago we streamed our first Hybrid Concert to our youtube channel from a live  outdoor house concert.
☀️ Then we drove across the mountains to Eastern Washington to play at Tumbleweed Music Festival LIVE and IN PERSON (instead of by pre-recorded video like everyone did the previous two years).
⛵️ The next weekend we drove up to Port Townsend to do the same at the Wooden Boat Festival, and so did our dear friends Pint & Dale, so we even got to do a few numbers together.
That was a real thrill, after all the convolutions we’ve gone through the in the past two and a half years to produce concerts “together” with 1500 miles of Pacific coastline between us! (We are working toward another ❅ Winter’s Return ❅ concert — the plan so far is to keep it in the virtual world for another year.)

And there’s at least one more BIG THING coming up soon:

Saturday, October 8, 7:30 pm.
Seattle Folklore Society presents
🎶 Tania Opland & Mike Freeman 🎶
LIVE and STREAMING at Phinney Neighborhood Center,
Brick Building Community Hall (lower building), 6532 Phinney Ave N, Seattle.
Info and advance tickets at www.seafolklore.org

It’s silly timing for our European friends — 3:30 am in Ireland and the UK, 4:30 am in most of Europe. Even on the East Coast of North America it won’t finish before midnight (party time!!)
Fortunately, the ONLINE TICKETS will allow you to start or continue watching any time within 24 hours, so you can choose a better time in your own time zone. We hope you can join us, and spread the word to your friends.

🌈🎶 Tania & Mike

TANIA OPLAND & MIKE FREEMAN - Acoustic World Music - www.opland-freeman.com