Welcoming in the Summer -- May/June, online

TANIA OPLAND

May 21, 2021, 3:43:50 AM5/21/21
to tania-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone!

We have a very short schedule right now, but it’s international 🌐

May 29 (Sat) — Live stream, YouTube (+ backstage on Zoom)
June 9 (Wed) — Llantrisant Folk Club, Zoom
After our live stream concert last month, Mike and I had a Zoom “backstage” get-together with members of the audience. First question was “When’s the next live stream?” and I boldly promised another one in May.

But then Mike had to take an essential trip, and my first thought about the live stream idea was that we have to scrub it. But my next thought was that I really should be able to manage one on my own. Right? My next thought was “Nooooo!” But then…  Oh never mind. Cut to the news flash: I’m doing it.

🎶  Saturday, 29th May — Tania Opland, solo live stream concert!  🎶
       1 pm Alaska time = 2 pm Seattle = 5 pm NY = 10 pm UK = 11 pm Eur.

This will have me reaching way back to songs I used to do when I played solo all the time, with solo arrangements of some more recent material as well. I’ll be as surprised as you at how this works out.

AND we’ll be doing the backstage Zoom gathering after the show as well. I’ll send you that link a day or two in advance.
And THEN, after Mike gets back…

We were supposed to have started our re-scheduled UK tour a few days ago. Obviously that’s not happening again, and the shows have been kicked down the road another year, to 2022, but our favorite Welsh folk club is taking it online!

🎶  Wednesday, 9th June — Llantrisant Folk Club, featuring Tania Opland & Mike Freeman  🎶
       Screens open 8:20 pm BST (UTC+1)
       for an 8:30 pm start  ( = 11:30 am Alaska = 12:30 pm Seattle = 3:30 pm NY)
       Guests (that's us!) 9:15 - 10:15 (UK time)

Check for updates any time on www.opland-freeman.com/calendar.htm

Hope to see you there!

🌈🎶 Tania

TANIA OPLAND

May 28, 2021, 5:36:43 AM5/28/21
to tania-...@googlegroups.com
I hope you'll be able to join me for my first ever SOLO live stream concert this Saturday, followed by a “backstage” visit on Zoom:

🎶  Saturday, 29th May — Tania Opland, solo live stream concert!  🎶
       1 pm Alaska time = 2 pm Seattle = 5 pm NY = 10 pm UK = 11 pm Eur.

When the concert finishes, come on backstage to The Green Room on Zoom (please don’t post this link, and only share it with trusted friends):

This concert will have me reaching way back to songs I used to do when I played solo all the time, plus solo arrangements of more recent material. I’ll be as surprised as you at how it works out.
And THEN, after Mike gets back…

We were supposed to have started our re-scheduled UK tour last week. Obviously that’s not happening again, and the shows have been kicked down the road another year, to 2022, but our favorite Welsh folk club is taking it online!

Want to be part of the team that keeps the music flowing? You can sign up to make small monthly donations at www.patreon.com/taniaopland. (Or large ones, if you prefer.) Many drops in the ocean can keep two musicians afloat.