Sunshine, Camping and Music. And then More Music.

opland

Aug 7, 2019, 4:04:38 PM8/7/19
to 'Tania Opland' via Tania Opland World Music news
Hello friends!

Sometimes it seems like we really have to start running before we hit the ground just to keep up!

We arrived in Seattle, Tania from Anchorage and Mike from Dublin, and launched straight into setup for a three weekend run at a Renaissance Festival. We’re pleased to have survived the first weekend. Not only was it nearly 90ºF/32C, but it was also our first duo campout since parting with our beloved VW campervan —  our home on the road for 17 years.

After two more weekends in the 16th century we’ll move on to some of our more usual venues: a house concert, a folk music festival and a wooden boat festival. Then it’s thank you very much Washington, and we’re off again!

(Details below…)
August 10 — Washington Midsummer Renaissance Festival, Bonney Lake WA
August 11 — Washington Midsummer Renaissance Festival, Bonney Lake WA
August 17 — Washington Midsummer Renaissance Festival, Bonney Lake WA
August 18 — Washington Midsummer Renaissance Festival, Bonney Lake WA
August 24 — House concert, Pt Townsend WA
September 1 — Tumbleweed Music Festival, Richland WA
September 6 — Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival
September 7 — Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival

Hope to see you somewhere down the road!

Mike & Tania

𝄆 ⛵️ ⛵️ 𝄇

August 3 - August 18, every Saturday and Sunday:

Washington Midsummer Renaissance Festival
Kelly Farm, 19401 Old Sumner Buckley Hwy, Bonney Lake WA 98391

10:15 am “Ember Rose” stage
2:00 pm “Ember Rose” stage
5:00 pm “Washing Well” stage

August 24:

House Concert in Port Townsend, Uptown neighborhood.
Email opl...@aol.com for details.

September 1:

Tumbleweed Music Festival
Richland Community Center/Howard Amon Park, 505 Swift Blvd, Richland WA 99352

11:45 am South Stage / Tania Opland & Mike Freeman
4:15 pm South Stage / Strompettes (Tania Opland & Felicia Dale with Mike Freeman & William Pint)
5:45 pm workshop space 1 / Strompettes: “Meet the Hurdy Gurdy”

September 6 - September 7:

Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival
Northwest Maritime Center 431 Water St, Port Townsend, WA 98368

Friday Sept. 6, 2:00 - 3:00 pm Main Stage for the KPTZ radio show.
Saturday Sept. 7, 3:00 pm Main Stage, in between 2 sets by Pint & Dale. Some collusion may occur :)
We’re also likely to be found at the Friday night Shantey Sing in the Marine Room (next to Shanghai Restaurant). Usually starts around 7pm. Check this year’s schedule for specifics.