Breezing Through February and March

opland

Feb 7, 2020, 12:08:35 AM2/7/20
to 'opland' via Tania Opland World Music news
Hello to our far-flung friends.

We've left the stunningly beautiful (and cold!) vistas of Alaska behind, for now, to soak in the seemingly endless Western Washington rain. From what we're hearing, it might be even wetter up in British Columbia, Canada, where our next performances are scheduled. Here's where we'll be if we and our upcoming venues don't wash away:

** details below **
Febr 21: Otter's Holt Productions - Campbell River
Febr 23: Sayward Valley Folk Music Society — Sayward
Febr 28: Coffeehouse on Gabriola
Febr 29: House Concert - Ladysmith
March 1: Victoria Folk Music Society

March will hopefully bring Spring and drier weather. It will definitely bring us back together with our favorite musical collaborators — William Pint and Felicia Dale — for our St Patrick's day show: "HUNTER'S MOON" (www.huntersmoon.info). Some of the details are yet to be confirmed, but here's how the schedule looks so far:

** details below **
March 13: Suquamish UCC - Kitsap Peninsula
March 14: tbc - Tacoma
March 15: private event (Seattle)
March 21: Couth Buzzard Books & Espresso Buono - Seattle

April and May we'll go back to the UK and Ireland to play concerts in some old favorite clubs and some new venues. Watch for those details in later emails.

Thank you for sharing the journey with us. We hope to see you somewhere down the road.

TANIA OPLAND & MIKE FREEMAN 🌏 Acoustic World Music

"Mike and Tania probably hold the record for the most eclectic performers we have ever seen, with vast array of instruments and an even more vast array of musical sources. Your horizons will definitely be enlarged."
— Spalding Folk Club, Lincolnshire, England

** Concert Details **

Friday, February 21 / 7 pm / $20
Otter's Holt Productions
House concert - Campbell River
250-923-6361 (Barbara or David) for details, tickets & directions

Sunday, February 23 / 7 pm / $10 - $20
Sayward Valley Folk Music Society
Kelsey Recreation Centre, 652 Hkusam Way, Sayward

Friday, February 28 / 7 pm / $10
The Coffeehouse on Gabriola
The Roxy, 377 Berry Pt Road, Gabriola
col...@shaw.ca for details

Saturday, February 29 / 7 pm / $20
House Concert - Ladysmith
250-245-0614 (Donna) for details, tickets and directions

Sunday, March 1 / 7:30 pm / $7
Victoria Folk Music Society
Sons of Norway Hall, 1110 Hillside Avenue, Victoria
Info and Message line: 250-413-3213

HUNTER'S MOON ☘️ www.huntersmoon.info
Mike Freeman, Felicia Dale, William Pint and Tania Opland ☘︎

Friday, March 13 / 7 pm / $20 suggested (no one turned away for lack of funds)
Suquamish UCC, 18732 Division Ave NE, Suquamish WA 98392

Saturday, March 14: tbc - Tacoma

Sunday, March 15: private event (Seattle)

Saturday, March 21 / 7:30 pm / $20 suggested (no one turned away for lack of funds)
Couth Buzzard Books & Espresso Buono, 8310 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103
Our annual St. Patrick's Day Survivors concert.