WINTER’S RETURN - LIVE STREAM - Sunday Dec 18

TANIA OPLAND

Dec 17, 2022, 2:27:38 PM12/17/22
to tania-...@googlegroups.com
WINTER’S RETURN - LIVE STREAM - Sunday Dec 18, 2:30pm Pacific Time

On Wednesday (Tuesday if you’re farther East than Finland or Egypt) we’ll reach another Solstice, marking the moment when days start getting longer in the Northern hemisphere.This Sunday is Erev Hanukkah - Hanukkah Eve - the first of eight nights of candle lighting for those who celebrate. At the same time, Advent wreaths are being lit, for at the end of Hanukkah comes Christmas and then Kwanzaa… Many of Winter’s traditions involve candles, fires, food, gatherings, gifts and greetings to help us feel connected with our communities through the dark, cold days before the light begins to return. And, of course, there’s music!

We’re gathering online again this year to celebrate some of those traditions in music and song, with elements from as many cultures as we can conveniently slip into a concert of multi-voiced, multi-instrumental, multi-century music. We’ve prepared a programme for those who like to join in the choruses or read more about the music than we might remember to fit into our off-the-cuff banter.

If you’re South of the equator, we do hope you’ll join is for a wee wintery break from the heat of mid-summer!

William Pint - Guitars, octave mandolin, cittern
Felicia Dale - hurdy-gurdy, tinwhistle, violins
Mike Freeman - percussion, guitar
Tania Opland - violin/viola, recorders, hammered dulcimer, hurdy-gurdy, harp

We hope you can join us. It will stay at this same link after the concert is finished, so you can always catch up later.

Happy Merry Everything to one and all,
🕯Tania Opland & Mike Freeman

Winter’s Return 2022 (Pint-Dale-Opland-Freeman)
Will stream live on Dec 18, 2:30 pm Pacific Time   -  https://youtu.be/b0uJTKj6SAs