Winter's Return 2018 concerts in Western Washington

opland

Nov 21, 2018, 4:06:11 AM11/21/18
to 'Tania Opland' via Tania Opland World Music news
Autumn greetings to our friends around the world.

The days are getting short. People all over the world gather with family and friends to gorge on a symbolic bounty of the harvest, even if we don't actually harvest anything. And then comes our favorite part: in the darkest part of the Winter, WE SING!

If you’re close enough, we hope you’ll join us at one of these concerts. If not - we hope you’ll find other music to enjoy. Perhaps our online CD store at opland-freeman.com/record.htm has something you haven’t heard yet? And enjoy the season!

WINTER'S RETURN — A Celebration in Music
Fri. Nov 30 - HOODSPORT, WA
Fri. Dec 7 - MT VERNON, WA
Sat. Dec 8 - CAMANO ISLAND, WA
Sun. Dec 9 - WOODINVILLE WA
Fri. Dec 14 - SUQUAMISH WA
Sat. Dec 22 - SEATTLE, WA

Celebrating Winter’s diverse festivities with hurdy-gurdy, hammered dulcimer, whistle, violin, recorder, guitar, drums, cittern, and songs that'll bring a bright spot to the darkest winter's day.

Four world touring musicians join forces in a detour from their usual fare to form a powerhouse acoustic quartet that makes music like no one else. Offering a stunning collection of songs and instrumental music with a seasonal flavor, Winter's Return brings a celebration of the season to the stage.

Felicia Dale (hurdy-gurdy, tinwhistle, violin)
William Pint (guitar, octave mandolin, cittern)
Tania Opland (5-string violin, hammered dulcimer, recorder, hurdy-gurdy)
Mike Freeman (guitar, percussion)

When they’re not playing as a quartet, Pint & Dale play music of the sea with consummate skill and high energy, while Opland & Freeman collect music from around the world which they serve up with cheek and style.

(See the WintersReturn.com web page for details and reservations for any of these concerts)

Fri. Nov 30, 7 pm - HOODSPORT, WA
St. Germain Episcopal, 600 N Lake Cushman Road, Hoodsport WA, Presented by Tall Timbers concerts.

Fri. Dec 7, 7 pm - MT VERNON, WA
Skagit Unitarian Univ. Fellowship, double bill with Bryan Bowers, 500 W Section St., Mount Vernon WA 98273.

Sat. Dec 8, 6 pm (check web page to confirm time) - CAMANO ISLAND, WA
Cama Beach Winterfest, Cama Beach Historical State Park.

Sun. Dec 9, 4 pm - WOODINVILLE WA
Arborea Falls house concert.

Fri. Dec 14, 7 pm - SUQUAMISH WA
Suquamish Church, 18732 Division Ave NE, Suquamish WA 98392.

Sat. Dec 22, 7:30 pm - SEATTLE, WA
Couth Buzzard Books, 8310 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle WA 98103.