TangoNut News September 1 2021

Lydia Commins

Sep 1, 2021, 3:09:19 AM9/1/21
to Tang...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

A spring weekend of dancing to look forward to. Plenty of options available in the South-East.

From Cath:

Sunshine Coast Mini Neo Tango Festival 3-4 September, 2021 is definitely going ahead!

All the info is on the website (see link) and while I would appreciate it if you could book, I won’t turn anyone away-

https://sunshinecoasttango.com.au/neo-tango-festival/

It’s going to be a great Mini Festival!!!

From Cath:

Sunshine Coast Tango Marathon Video No 6
This is the last Milonga of the Marathon weekend at Pier 33. Ron and Esther were our DJs with their fabulous music. It was a great way to finish the weekend! Again, thanks to our videographer Adrian for his amazing videos. There are 2 more to come.
https://sunshinecoasttango.com.au/videos/

From Judy:

Judy’s Tango Practica is due to restart Wednesday 15 September.

From the Tango Club:

No Sunday milonga this week as the Sharks have a Father’s Day event on.

The calendar:

TangoNut Calendar is your most up-to-date source of information on tango events. All the details and any changes to events are put here first so check it if you are unsure.

The following events have been added to the online calendar recently:

  • Brisbane Tango Project – Monday 6 September 2021- definitely on, regardless! …really this time!

This week:

Milongas:

  • Wednesday – Southport Tango
  • Friday – Milonga @ Masonic Hall - Mini Neo Tango Festival and BHOT Live Milonga
  • Saturday – Milonga @ Masonic Hall - Mini Neo Tango Festival and Tangomania RSPD Milonga
  • Sunday – TangoNut Milonga
  • Monday – Brisbane Tango Project

Practicas:

  • Wednesday – Judy’s Practica and Tango Para Ti Practica
  • Friday – Love St Practica
  • Saturday – Alma de Tango Practicalonga

Hasta pronto,

Lydia

This week’s Milongas / tango events

Wednesday 1 September 2021

Southport Tango

Every Wednesday evening.

CWA Hall, Cnr Young & Garden Streets, Southport

6.30pm: 1-hour lesson with Tony. Beginners welcome.

7.30 – 9.30pm: Social dancing to music by DJ Ales

$10 flat rate

Large timber dance floor

Please BYO drinks (no alcohol or food)

Enquiries: 0409 424 069

Friday 3 September 2021

BHOT Live Milonga

BHOT Live is back, finally!

This Friday with Diez Cuerdas

$20 payable at the door, bookings limited

At the BHOT Toowong studio, 535 Milton Rd, Toowong

Details at Da...@BrisbaneHouseofTango.com.au

Mini Neo-Tango Festival - Milonga @ Masonic Hall

211 Main Rd, Maroochydore

Time: 7.00pm – 11.30pm

DJ: Cath (with Esther’s help)

Cost: $10

Saturday 4 September 2021

Mini Neo-Tango Festival - Milonga @ Masonic Hall

211 Main Rd, Maroochydore

Time: 7.00pm – 11.30pm

DJ: Ron

Cost: $10

Tangomania Milonga (RSPD)

Come and join the class 6:30pm -7:30pm then practice the steps and enjoy dancing until 10:30pm.

There is a Covid Safe Plan in place, and you must check in on arrival and follow all the contact tracing registration procedures. We highly recommend sanitizer after partner changes.

No alcohol is to be consumed on premises please. If you are unwell, please refrain from attending the event.

www.eventbrite.com.au/e/tangomania-milonga-recreational-structured-partnered-dancing-4-september-tickets-169069674949

Cost $15

Please book your spot as soon as possible: See the Tangomania Facebook page for details.

Maximum allowed capacity is 40 people. Once tickets are sold no refunds are issued. There will be a waiting list if we get a cancellation.

42 Matilda Street in Burleigh, Ample parking and air-conditioned

Sunday 5 September 2021

TangoNut Milonga

When: 2 – 6pm

Where: Weller’s Hill Bowls Club, 34 Esher St, Tarragindi

Cost: $10

Great dance floor, happiest dancers, fun music, air-conditioned

DJ Han

Contact Conrad Mob: 0413 348 186

Monday 6 September 2021

Brisbane Tango Project

At Montana Art Project (above the Montague Hotel), West End

DJ Conrad, $10

Dance evening from 7 – 10pm or ‘tango social’ if no dancing allowed but definitely ON!

BYO, food can be ordered downstairs

This week’s Practicas

Friday 3 September 2021

Love St Intermediate Class + Practica for couples

7:30 – 10:30pm, starting the class @ 8 pm

10 Love St Spring Hill   $20 pp

If you'd like to come as a single, let us know beforehand, so we can try to match you up

www.e-tango.com.au

Current government requirements for all dance classes:

  • Masks to be worn at all times inside ie BYOM
  • Sanitizing hands on entering and before departing the hall
  • Sign in for class via the QR check-in Code
  • BYO water bottle

Saturday 4 September 2021

Alma de Tango Practicalonga

When: 6.30 – 9.30pm

Where: 45 Balaclava St, Woolloongabba

Entry: $10.00 - card payment (contactless, transaction fee applies), cash, bank transfer

Follow our studio hygiene measures. If you are sick, please do not attend.

Preferred to bring your own dance partner.

Please carry a mask.

BYO drink and food.

QR code MUST be scanned before attending.

Date Claimers:

Tango Meets Jazz Thursday 9 September 2021

There will be a group of our favourite musicians who have the name "Cien O Mas" (100 or more.. strings).  The night will be predominately dance focused in the style of Milongas with tandas dancing Tango, Milonga, Vals and some Nuevo.  We are hoping to use some of the inside floor space and the deck to dance on, Covid rules permitting. More details will be posted on the Brisbane Jazz Club website and the various Facebooks within the next few days so stay tuned.

Brisbane Jazz Club, 1 Annie St., BRISBANE.

Doors open at 6.30pm, show at 7.30pm.  Drinks and food available.  Bring your dance shoes for a wonderful night of tango.

www.brisbanejazzclub.com.au for bookings that open soon.

Milonga Marina @ Pier 33 Sunday 12 September 2021

33-45 Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba

DJ: Cath

Time: 2.00-6.00pm

Cost: @10 (Proceeds going to Para Los Ninos)

You can book a table for lunch and/or dinner, but don’t leave it too late.

More info and links:

Access the TNN calendar for details of all the practicas and milongas, throughout the week, up and down the South East coastline at: http://tangonut.com/

Follow TNN on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/377049705705310/

To see an online copy of this and all previous editions of the TangoNut News follow this link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tangonut