TangoNut News Extra July 16 2021

Lydia Commins

Jul 16, 2021, 1:25:50 AM7/16/21
to Tang...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone,

You probably don’t want to hear from me again this week as this TangoNut News Extra edition is about cancellations, mostly.

Here is the current status:

This week:

Milongas:

  • Saturday Pure Milonguero Milonga and La Milonga (with change of venue and masks – see below)
  • Sunday – TangoNut Milonga, C’est Bon Milonga and The Tango Club at Southport Sharks

From C’est Bon:

Pacencia or as the French would say C’est la vie!
Unfortunately the C’est Bon Milonga has had to be postponed again! Keep hold of your tickets and hopefully the event can happen on the 1st August.
If you are looking for something to do on Sunday, C'est Bon’s rooftop bar Ooh La La  will be open 3 til late. Alessandro will play some vinyls between 4-6pm, so come and join us for a drink and watch the sunset. Moonlight Tango: Annie & Alessandro

Practicas:

  • Friday – Love St Practica
  • Saturday – Alma de Tango Practicalonga (with masks – see below)
  • Sunday - ByronTangoSocialClub Practica

Extra information about the events that are on is below:

Saturday 17 July

La Milonga

Receiving word today from the Southport CommunityCentre our monthly recreation structured dance will go ahead with a change ofvenue to adhere to Covid guidelines.

Now held in The Main Hall, to allow for regularnumbers at a comfortable safe Covid space.

Covid guidelines apply

QR code registration

Masks mandatory

Sanitize between partner change

No alcohol on premises

No communal food

Numbers limited

3rd and 5th Saturday of the months from 7.30pm to 10.30pm

Southport Community Centre, Main Hall

$12 DJ Karina

Alma de Tango Practicalonga

Please bring a mask for Saturday ( it is a must )

When: 6.30 - 9.30pm

Where: 45 Balaclava St, Woolloongabba

· Follow our studio hygiene measures. If you are sick please do not attend.

· BYO drink and food

· Entry:$10.00 - card payment (contactless, transaction fee applies) , cash, bank transfer

· Casual dress code

But there is some good news and a new event!

Date claimers:

Brisbane Tango Project presents: La Vuelta Tango feat. Solange Lipcin – Monday 26 July 2021

Featuring the smooth vocals of Solange Lipcin, experience the unique sound and driving rhythms of some of Brisbane's finest tango musicians in La Vuelta Tango.

A small number of dancers will be allowed under current restrictions, which hopefully will have eased by the event. Please check back after 16 July for more information. If dancing is allowed, DJ Conrad from Brisbane Tango Project will play for the dancers before and after the LV sets.

6:30: doors open, DJ Conrad begins

7:00 - 9:00: La Vuelta performance

9:00 - 10:00: DJ Conrad

You will be required to check in using the Check In Qld app. We will also have an option for those who do not have access to the app.

La Vuelta Tango are Brisbane’s most progressive tango group, focussing on original compositions and jazz-infused arrangements to create supple, impressionistic sonorities, while still remaining faithful to the tango’s role as a dance music.

LV is Monica Ferreira (violin), Camilla Tafra (cello), Lochlan Morrissey

(bandoneon), Joel Woods (guitar), and Sophie Collis (contrabass).

Tickets  events.humanitix.com/bto-lavuelta

All the best, Lydia