TangoNut News August 25 2021

Lydia Commins

Aug 25, 2021, 2:56:34 AMAug 25
to Tang...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

Another uncertain dance weekend ahead. Mask rules may or may not change??? Some events listed below are ‘mask-rule dependent’ so, as always, check the online calendar as the latest arrangements will appear there first.

From Cath:

Sunshine Coast Tango Marathon Videos - No 5 - Milonga Marina

This is the video from the 1st Milonga on Sunday afternoon at Pier 33. A big thank you to our DJ Chris Han who did another amazing job. It was a stunning venue. We had such a good time, we want to go back! Again, big thanks to our videographer Adrian for the wonderful videos.

https://sunshinecoasttango.com.au/videos/

The calendar:

TangoNut Calendar is your most up-to-date source of information on tango events. All the details and any changes to events are put here first so check it if you are unsure.

The following events have been added to the online calendar recently:

  • Byron Tango Dance and Music festival planned for October 2021 has been re-scheduled to 1 – 3 April 2022.
  • Byron Bay Tango Festival with Carolina Giannini and Leo de Cocco is scheduled for September 2022.
  • Brisbane Tango Project – Monday 29 August 2021- definitely on, regardless!

This week:

Milongas:

  • Wednesday – Southport Tango
  • Saturday – Tony’s Milonga – at a new venue. (depends on latest rules)
  • Sunday – TangoNut Milonga (depending on mask rules) and The Tango Club @ Southport Sharks decision pending – keep an eye of their FB page
  • Monday – Brisbane Tango Project

Practicas:

  • Wednesday – Judy’s Practica and Tango Para Ti Practica
  • Friday – Love St class and practica for couples
  • Saturday – Alma de Tango Practicalonga

Hasta pronto,

Lydia

This week’s Milongas / tango events

Saturday 28 August 2021

Tony’s Milonga – depending on the rules on the day

On the fourth week of every month on a Saturday

At the CWA Hall, Southport, Cnr Young and Garden Streets Southport.

Dance from 7.30pm to 10.30pm.

$12 entry.  Air conditioned.

Lucky door prize.

Enquiries: call Tony 0468 923 731.

Sunday 29 August 2021

TangoNut Milonga – depending on mask rules

When: 2 – 6pm

Where: Weller’s Hill Bowls Club, 34 Esher St, Tarragindi

Cost: $10

Great dance floor, happiest dancers, fun music, air-conditioned

DJ Conrad

Contact Conrad Mob: 0413 348 186

The Tango Club @ Southport Sharks - decision pending

For updates, check the Facebook page for The Tango Club (Gold Coast, Australia)

On every Sunday from 7.30–10.30pm

Traditional & other music by DJ Ales

Large timber dance floor, restaurant, café, bar, on-site parking, air-conditioning.

$5 per person – please deposit money in the black box on the stage.

Entry to the Sharks club venue requires either a current Sharks membership card, or your driver’s licence.

Corner Olsen & Musgrave Avenues, Southport

Monday 30 August

Brisbane Tango Project

At Montana Art Project (above the Montague Hotel), West End

DJ Conrad, $10

Dance evening from 7 – 10pm or ‘tango social’ if no dancing allowed but definitely ON!

BYO, food can be ordered downstairs

This week’s Practicas

Friday 27 August 2021

Love St Intermediate Class + Practica for couples

7:30 – 10:30pm, starting the class @ 8 pm

10 Love St Spring Hill   $20 pp

If you'd like to come as a single, let us know beforehand, so we can try to match you up

www.e-tango.com.au

Current government requirements for all dance classes:

  • Masks to be worn at all times inside ie BYOM
  • Sanitizing hands on entering and before departing the hall
  • Sign in for class via the QR check-in Code
  • BYO water bottle

Saturday 28 August 2021

Alma de Tango Practicalonga (MUST carry a mask)

When: 6.30 – 9.30pm

Where: 45 Balaclava St, Woolloongabba

Entry: $10.00 - card payment (contactless, transaction fee applies), cash, bank transfer

Follow our studio hygiene measures. If you are sick, please do not attend.

No Change of Partners. Preferred to bring your own dance partner.

BYO drink and food.

QR code MUST be scanned before attending.

Maximum 20 people.

Date Claimers:

Sunshine Coast Mini Neo Tango Festival Friday and Saturday 3 - 4 September 2021

There is a chance this may go ahead. To book, you can go to the website https://sunshinecoasttango.com.au/neo-tango-festival/

Tango Meets Jazz Thursday 9 September 2021

There will be a group of our favourite musicians who have the name "Cien O Mas" (100 or more.. strings).  The night will be predominately dance focused in the style of Milongas with tandas dancing Tango, Milonga, Vals and some Nuevo.  We are hoping to use some of the inside floor space and the deck to dance on, Covid rules permitting. More details will be posted on the Brisbane Jazz Club website and the various Facebooks within the next few days so stay tuned.

Brisbane Jazz Club, 1 Annie St., BRISBANE.

Doors open at 6.30pm, show at 7.30pm.  Drinks and food available.  Bring your dance shoes for a wonderful night of tango.

www.brisbanejazzclub.com.au for bookings that open soon.

Milonga Marina @ Pier 33 Sunday 12 September 2021

33-45 Parkyn Parade, Mooloolaba

DJ: Cath

Time: 2.00-6.00pm

Cost: @10 (Proceeds going to Para Los Ninos)

You can book a table for lunch and/or dinner, but don’t leave it too late.

More info and links:

Access the TNN calendar for details of all the practicas and milongas, throughout the week, up and down the South East coastline at: http://tangonut.com/

Follow TNN on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/377049705705310/

To see an online copy of this and all previous editions of the TangoNut News follow this link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tangonut