TangoNut News October 27 2021

Lydia Commins

Oct 27, 2021, 3:05:48 AMOct 27
to Tang...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

A long weekend of lovely tango events to look forward to so make plans to dance and dance!

From Moonlight Tango:

Musicality Masterclasses – this weekend!!

Classes by some of your favourite teachers! The teachers have prepared new material for us. Limited tickets remain so don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to learn all together from Murat, Gianpiero & Lorena, Asato-Pais and Richard. Check out our website for details and ticket options. www.moonlight tango.org/Masterclass

New venue:

Gallery One

Institute of Modern Art (IMA)

420 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley, QLD 4006 Australia

There are a number of parking options including pre-booking and a link on our website to discounted parking vouchers.

The calendar:

TangoNut Calendar is your most up-to-date source of information on tango events. All the details and any changes to events are put here first so check it if you are unsure.

The following events have recently been added to the calendar:

  • Tango meets Jazz 11 November 2021

This week:

Milongas:

  • Wednesday – Southport Tango
  • Friday – An Afternoon Milonga at the Sailing Club
  • Saturday – Alma de Tango Pop-Up Milonga and La Milonga – Halloween Milonga
  • Sunday – TangoNut Milonga and C’est Bon Milonga

Practicas:

  • Wednesday – Judy’s Practica

Hasta pronto,

Lydia

This week’s Milongas / tango events

Wednesday 27 October 2021

Southport Tango

Every Wednesday evening.

CWA Hall, Cnr Young & Garden Streets, Southport

6.30pm: 1-hour lesson with Tony. Beginners welcome.

7.30 – 9.30pm: Social dancing to music by DJ Ales

$10 flat rate

Large timber dance floor

Please BYO drinks (no alcohol or food)

Enquiries: 0409 424 069

Friday 29 October 2021

.

Tres Mujeres:  Mara, Vikki and Fifi

                  Let's do it!!

        Dancing at the Sailing Club

             Friday 29th October

          Brisbane public holiday

                    3pm  - 7pm

Looking forward to dancing by the river again and watching the sunset from the lovely South Brisbane Sailing Club, 68 Hill End Terrace, West End

Saturday 30 October 2021

Alma de Tango October pop up milonga

When was the last time you had silly, ridiculous, laugh out loud fun? On 30th October, Alma de Tango members will host a ridiculous FUN night for you. We are not too big fans of Halloween, but we want to use the opportunity to dress up and Treat or Trick you. Dress up or not, it does not matter, LOL and Fun are important.

Date and Time: Saturday 30th Oct 2021, 8.00pm – midnight

Venue: Alma de Tango Studio, 45 Balaclava Street, Gabba

Theme: Pull out your best Halloween outfit! Or just be you.

Entry : $12.00 ( card, cash etc.)

DJ : Arda

Taxi dancer : long haired Chris

QR code to scan on arrival. Please bring your own drinking bottle or food. Wrapped chocolate and lollies will be provided.

Come to have fun with us !

La Milonga – Halloween Milonga

Prizes for the best theme costume and lucky door prize

Where: Southport Community Centre, 6 Lawson St, Southport, Performing Arts Room 1

When: 7.30pm – 10.30pm

Cost: $12

DJ Karina

Covid safe conditions apply

Sunday 31 October 2021

TangoNut Milonga

When: 2 – 6pm

Where: Weller’s Hill Bowls Club, 34 Esher St, Tarragindi

Cost: $10

Great dance floor, happiest dancers, fun music, air-conditioned

DJ Conrad

Contact Conrad Mob: 0413 348 186

C’est Bon Milonga

Moonlight Tango has partnered with Brisbane’s premiere French bistro C’est Bon to offer you an intimate evening of elegant tango from 6-11pm. French wine tasting experience in the cellar then a special dinner menu until 8pm. Enjoy dancing in the stylish dining room from 6pm and then take break in the bar where you can delight in fine wine and a special menu.

COVID REMINDERS: Please remember that masks are still required unless you are sitting at the dining table / bar or sipping your drink.

Parking is available for free in the streets around or there is paid parking available. More details to come on our socials and on the website.

C’est Bon, 609/611 Stanley St, Woolloongabba, 4102

This week’s Practicas

Wednesday 27 October 2021

Judy’s Practica

When: Every Wednesday evening 7pm – 9.30pm

Class to start at 7pm for 30 to 40 minutes and then practice.

Cost: $10

Venue: Holland Park Sports and Community Club,

49 Abbotsleigh St, Holland Park

Remember your mask!

Date Claimers:

Tango meets Jazz Thursday November 11 2021

Come and join us for a memorable night in the bars of La Boca where Tango evolved in Bueno Aires. Wear your best tango La Boca bar outfits and look ”the part” whilst you dance to contemporary arrangements of Diez and Gardel with Lochlan Morrissey and Joel Woods from La  Vuelta,  and Liz Young with Rory Dollard from Diez Cuerdas. You will be intoxicated by the music, the atmosphere and the emotion, passion and romance that paint a picture of the dance called “Tango.”  The Brisbane Jazz Cub is on the Brisbane River and with it’s unique character is the perfect venue for “A Night in a Bar in La Boca.

Dancing is allowed inside and outside on the deck.  This is a dancing and listening event. It is our last Tango Meets Jazz event for the year and we will resume in January, 2022.

There will be some video footage of La Boca from 6.30pm-7.30pm to put you in the mood.

Bookings: www.brisbanejazzclub.com.au

More info and links:

Access the TNN calendar for details of all the practicas and milongas, throughout the week, up and down the South East coastline at: http://tangonut.com/

Follow TNN on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/377049705705310/