TangoNut News July 7 2021

Lydia Commins

Jul 7, 2021, 3:00:15 AM7/7/21
to Tang...@googlegroups.com

Hola amigos,

A mixed bag of opportunities to hang out with your tango friends – some involve actual dancing, some don’t. Remember your masks regardless.

From The Tango Club:

·       No tango at CWA this Wednesday, and probably not next week either. Check our facebook page for updates: The Tango Club (Gold Coast, Australia)

·       No tango this Sunday 11th July at Sharks Club, but hopefully we will be there the following Sunday, 18th July, if restrictions are lifted on 16th. Check our facebook page for updates: The Tango Club (Gold Coast, Australia)

The calendar:

TangoNut Calendar is your most up-to-date source of information on tango events. All the details and any changes to events are put here first so check it if you are unsure.

Recently added/changed items include:

  • Southport Tango cancelled Wednesday night
  • Love St Milonga and Love St Sunday Afternoon Tango cancelled this week
  • Tango Bravo Milonga cancelled
  • Sunshine Coast Monthly Milonga - cancelled
  • The Tango Club at Southport cancelled this Sunday
  • Tango Para Ti practica cancelled

Date claimers appear at the end of the newsletter so check them out and make bookings as necessary.

This week:

Milongas:

  • Wednesday – Southport Tango
  • Friday Love St Milonga
  • Saturday Sunshine Coast Monthly Milonga and Tango Bravo Milonga
  • Sunday – Love St Sunday Afternoon Tango and The Tango Club at Southport Sharks
  • Monday Brisbane Tango Project

Practicas:

  • Wednesday – Judy’s Practica and Tango Para Ti Practica
  • Thursday - Anatomy of Dance: Stability Workshop
  • Saturday – Alma de Tango Practicalonga
  • Sunday - ByronTangoSocialClub Practica

Hasta pronto,

Lydia

This week’s Milongas

Monday 12 July

Brisbane Tango Project

At Montana Art Project (above the Montague Hotel), West End

with Diez Cuerdas and Solange Lipcin

https://www.facebook.com/events/3021577088079493/?ref=newsfeed

www.eventbrite.com.au/e/diez-cuerdas-with-solange-lipcin-singer-tickets-161706461379

BYO, food can be ordered.

Diez Cuerdas is teaming up with the beautiful Solange Lipcin for this intimate evening of Tangos. We will take you on a journey through some of the oldest Gardel tunes to some heart wrenching Piazzolla. Bring some tissues, a listening ear and a warm scarf but we'll have your heart covered!

If covid restrictions lift there will be dancing, but if not, there's limitless dancing allowed in your soul.

Come join us: Liz Young – Violin, Rory Dollard – Guitar, Solange Lipcin - Vocals

6.30 for 7pm start, 7 – 10pm

This week’s Practicas

Wednesday 7 July

Judy’s Practica

When: Every Wednesday evening 7pm – 9.30pm

Class to start at 7pm for 30 to 40 minutes and then practice.

Cost: $10

Venue: Holland Park Sports and Community Club,

49 Abbotsleigh St, Holland Park

Remember to bring your mask!

Thursday 8 July

Anatomy of Dance: Stability Workshop
By: Patrick Shwaluk, Sports Chiropractor

Functional Movement Screens of over 40 southeast Queensland tango dancers revealed that stability was the number one weakness affecting their dance-ability. This workshop focuses on the stability, strength and the ballistic power required to execute coladas, volcadas, back sacadas, enrosques and everything in between.

Key concepts:

1. Static short foot/short toe stability with progressions to essential dynamic movement patterns.

2. Floor to standing rolling patterns for maximum disassociation with stability and power.

3. The 6 position carries to integrate foot and core stability.

Unlock your tango potential and become a more stable/stronger tango dancer

Lecture / Workshop:  July 1st, 7:30-9:30PM

Venue: 10 Love, St Spring Hill

Cost: $15

Bookings: eta...@live.com    numbers are limited and must be made beforehand – COVID.

Additional information: pshw...@mail.com

Be prepared to take your shoes off and roll on the floor. Bring two yoga mats if you have them.  Remember your mask!

Saturday 10 July

Alma de Tango Practicalonga

When: 6.30 – 9.30pm

Where: 45 Balaclava St, Woolloongabba

Entry: $10.00 - card payment (contactless, transaction fee applies), cash, bank transfer

Follow our studio hygiene measures. If you are sick, please do not attend.

BYO drink and food.

QR code to be scanned before attending.

Please bring a mask.

Sunday 11 July

ByronTangoSocialClub Practica

Venue: at Kulchajam, 1 Acacia St, Byron Bay

Time: 6pm to 9pm Sunday 6 June

Cost: $15 entry / BYO refreshments / trad & nuevo music

Please book ahead with a partner or contact me if you need help to find a dance partner (jan...@gmail.com).

Please read our COVID plan rules on the website www.byrontango.com.au

Date claimers:

  • C’est Bon Milonga – postponed to Sunday 18 July

Due to the COVID restrictions now in place until the 16 July, we have rescheduled the C'est Bon Milonga from the 4th July to the 18th July. We hope that you can join us then to enjoy the tastes of France and dance tango! If you have any questions about the event or your ticket please email us at moonlight...@gmail.com
In the meantime, check out our blogs on the menu and wine, the music, and La Cumparsita on
moonlightango.org
 Best wishes, Alessandro and Annie

  • “Belisssima Tango Shoes” (imported from Italy) will be at Love St Practica on Friday night July 16 for you to try and buy. From 7: 30 pm @ 10 Love St Spring Hill

  • Christmas in July Sunday afternoon - 25 July 2021

‘Christmas in July’ themed Milonga

2:30 – 5:45 pm at 10 Love St Spring Hill

More info and links:

Access the TNN calendar for details of all the practicas and milongas, throughout the week, up and down the South East coastline at: http://tangonut.com/

Follow TNN on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/377049705705310/

To see an online copy of this and all previous editions of the TangoNut News follow this link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tangonut