TangoNut News July 21 2021

Lydia Commins

Jul 21, 2021, 3:01:16 AMJul 21
to Tang...@googlegroups.com

Hola amigos,

Fingers crossed this week…maybe there will be dancing!

The calendar:

TangoNut Calendar is your most up-to-date source of information on tango events. All the details and any changes to events are put here first so check it if you are unsure.

This week:

Milongas:

  • Wednesday – Southport Tango
  • Friday – BHOT Live and Love St Milonga
  • Saturday – Tony’s Milonga
  • Sunday – Christmas in July Milonga, The Tango Club at Southport Sharks and the Coronation Milonga

Practicas:

  • Wednesday – Judy’s Practica (with masks) and Tango Para Ti Practica
  • Saturday – Alma de Tango Practicalonga

Hasta pronto,

Lydia

This week’s Milongas

Friday 23 July

BHOT Live

BHOT LIVE on this week with Diez Cuerdas playing live.

$20 payable at the door. Bookings limited.

Da...@BrisbaneHouseofTango.com.au

535 Milton Rd, Toowong QLD 4066, Australia

7.30pm – 11pm

Love St Milonga

DJ Wendy

7:45 - 11pm

10 Love St Spring Hill   $10 entry

www.e-tango.com.au/Wordpress/milongas-and-practicas-4/

Saturday 24 July

Tony’s Milonga

On the fourth week of every month on a Saturday

At the Southport Community Centre, 6 Lawson St., Southport, Qld.

Dance from 7.30pm to 10.30pm.

$12 entry.  Air conditioned.

Lucky door prize.

Enquiries: call Tony 0468 923 731.

Sunday 25 July

Love St Sunday Afternoon Tango with pre-milonga class and “Christmas in July” themed Milonga

•Time to look through your Christmassy coloured or themed gear for a festive tango afternoon

•Lucky Door prize ! 😊

1:15 pm - Intermediate+ level class

$20pp for class plus milonga or $15pp for class only

2:45 – 5:45pm Milonga

Dance the afternoon away with DJ Greg

$10pp for milonga only

www.e-tango.com.au/Wordpress/milongas-and-practicas-4/

Coronation Milonga

Carl & Jacky will be hosting a new Milonga

At the Clunes  'Coronation Hall', Clunes, NSW

2pm-6pm Sunday 25 July

Please come to support this new venture.

We would especially like to invite all our Lismore friends (contact Carl 0435002609)

The Tango Club @ Southport Sharks

On every Sunday from 7.30–10.30pm

Traditional & other music by DJ Ales

Large timber dance floor

Restaurant, café, bar, on-site parking, air-conditioning.

$5 per person – please deposit money in the black box on the stage.

Entry to the Sharks club venue requires either a current Sharks

membership card, or your driver’s licence.

Corner Olsen & Musgrave Avenues, Southport

For updates, check the facebook page for The Tango Club (Gold Coast, Australia)

This week’s Practicas

Wednesday 21 July

Judy’s Practica

When: Every Wednesday evening 7pm – 9.30pm

Class to start at 7pm for 30 to 40 minutes and then practice.

Cost: $10

Venue: Holland Park Sports and Community Club,

49 Abbotsleigh St, Holland Park

Remember to bring your mask!

Saturday 24 July

Alma de Tango Practicalonga

When: 6.30 – 9.30pm

Where: 45 Balaclava St, Woolloongabba

Entry: $10.00 - card payment (contactless, transaction fee applies), cash, bank transfer

Follow our studio hygiene measures. If you are sick, please do not attend.

BYO drink and food.

QR code to be scanned before attending.

More info and links:

Access the TNN calendar for details of all the practicas and milongas, throughout the week, up and down the South East coastline at: http://tangonut.com/