TangoNut News December 22 2021 - January 4 2022

Lydia Commins

Dec 22, 2021, 1:59:05 AM12/22/21
to Tang...@googlegroups.com

Dear friends,

This edition of the news will have to do you for 2 weeks. It covers Wednesday 22 December 2021 through to Tuesday 4 January 2022. The next edition will come out on Wednesday 5 January 2022. But do not panic! The online calendar will be updated if there are major changes, and I am sure event organisers will use FB to alert you if need be. With Omicron, organisers are already reviewing their planned events so there have been cancellations to note below.

Remember, you are to provide evidence of double vaccination (showing that green tick on your Check-In app will be a swift method) or proof of exemption to enter our dance venues, except for NSW milongas. Please be kind to our milonga organisers and considerate of other dancers with regard to this requirement.

From Anton:

Get hot and be cool!

Afternoon Milonga fundraiser for Sailing Club air conditioning. It never seems to happen, so in the first of a number of fund-raising events, we hope that some cash will seriously get the ball rolling. Very few venues have the universal appeal to our tango community and we need to keep our footprint there at a comfortable temperature.

So, if you can, please support with your attendance the Afternoon Milonga at the South Brisbane Sailing Club Tuesday January 4 at 1-5pm.

*The Sailing Club, every Tuesday between 1pm and 5pm is available to share at no charge to any tango teacher or organisation at no cost for training their pupils.

Wishing everyone a fabulous festive season. Anton

PS: New Year’s Day milonga at Wellers Hill will be real cool!

From e-Tango:

We were really looking forward to this weekend, BUT we have just made the decision that the right thing to do given both the rapid rise of numbers of locally acquired Omicron cases happening in Qld,  plus the federal health minister’s statement ( just now on the ABC news), highly recommending for everyone to wear masks indoors, that we should cancel both of our previously scheduled events for this coming weekend ( Xmas Eve Friday 24 and Boxing Day Sunday 26 Dec)

We will be constantly reviewing the situation and are looking forward to reconvening Love St Milongas ASASP ( As Soon As Safely Possible) in January.

Will keep you posted !!

Wishing everyone in our tango community a safe and happy xmas /new year

Saludos

Rosemary & Greg

The calendar:

TangoNut Calendar is your most up-to-date source of information on social tango dance events.

All the details and any changes to events are put here first so check it if you are unsure.

Recent calendar news:

  • An Afternoon Milonga on Monday December 27th with Mara and Vicki is to be cancelled.
  • Love St Xmas Eve Milonga cancelled
  • Love St Sunday Boxing Day Milonga cancelled

This fortnight:

Milongas:

  • Wednesday 22ndSouthport Tango
  • Friday 24thLove St Xmas Eve Milonga
  • Sunday 26th Love St Sunday Afternoon Boxing Day Milonga and Tony’s Boxing Day Milonga
  • Monday 27thAn Afternoon Milonga – Mara and Vicki
  • Tuesday 28th An Afternoon Milonga – Anton
  • Saturday 1st New Year’s Day Afternoon Milonga – decision pending
  • Sunday 2nd TangoNut Milonga
  • Tuesday 4th An Afternoon Milonga - Anton

Practicas:

  • Nil

Have an enjoyable festive season.

Hasta pronto,

Lydia

This week’s Milongas / tango events

Wednesday 22 December 2021

Southport Tango

Every Wednesday evening.

CWA Hall, Cnr Young & Garden Streets, Southport

6.30pm: 1-hour lesson with Tony. Beginners welcome.

7.30 – 9.30pm: Social dancing to music by DJ Ales

$10 flat rate

Large timber dance floor

Please BYO drinks (no alcohol or food)

Enquiries: 0409 424 069

Sunday 26 December 2021

Tony’s Boxing Day Milonga

At Southport CWA Hall on Sunday 26th December

From 7.30 to 10.30 pm

$12 entry

Air conditioned

Lucky door prize

Call Tony on 0468 923 731

Tuesday 28 December 2021

An Afternoon Milonga

At South Brisbane Sailing Club … Tuesday 1pm until 5pm.

68 Hill End Tce, West End.

See you there, Anton

Saturday 1 January 2022

New Year’s Day Afternoon Milonga

     Saturday 1st January 2022

                3pm -7pm

       Wellers Hill Bowls Club

More info phone Mara 0416037389

Sunday 2 January 2022

TangoNut Milonga

Where: Weller’s Hill Bowls Club, 34 Esher St, Tarragindi

Cost: $10 for milonga

When: 2 – 6pm

DJ Wendy, Patrick and Wendy are your hosts

Great dance floor, happiest dancers, fun music, air-conditioned

Contact Conrad Mob: 0413 348 186

Tuesday 4 January 2022

An Afternoon Milonga

At South Brisbane Sailing Club … Tuesday 1pm until 5pm.

68 Hill End Tce, West End.

See you there, Anton

Come along and help to raise funds to air-condition this venue for all our dancers.

This week’s Practicas

Nil

Date claimers and recently added events:

Nil