TangoNut News September 29 2021

Lydia Commins

Sep 29, 2021, 3:09:16 AMSep 29
to Tang...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

Keep those masks at the ready when going dancing this next week in the south-east. Changes to events will appear in the online calendar so check there if you are unsure or check with the organiser about any details.

Enjoy the long weekend whatever you choose to do!

From Brisbane House of Tango:

The BHOT Milonga is not on this Friday evening.

From The Tango Club:

The Tango Club at Southport Sharks is not happening this Sunday evening as it is a public holiday weekend.

From Moonlight Tango:

Moonlight Tango Musicality Masterclasses

Only 5 weeks to go until these exceptional masterclasses!  Musicality from all perspectives.

Learn from Murat, Gianpiero, Lorena, Asato-Pais, Richard Fisart. Don't miss the special milonga +Q&A

Get your tickets now: www.moonlighttango.org/masterclass

Questions?  moonlight...@gmail.com   or 0449843053

From Cecilia:

Tango Meets Jazz on Thursday 14th October. Dance inside and outside near the Brisbane River. Seats are already selling well so get in soon and book at www.brisbanejazzclub.com.au or call 3391 2006. Doors open 6.30pm, show starts 7.30pm. Food and drinks available.

Brisbane Jazz Club, 1 Annie St., Kangaroo Point

The calendar:

TangoNut Calendar is your most up-to-date source of information on tango events. All the details and any changes to events are put here first so check it if you are unsure.

The following events have been added to the online calendar recently:

  • Moonlight Tango’s Masterclass and Milonga weekend 29 – 31 October

This week:

Milongas:

  • Wednesday – Southport Tango
  • Saturday – Tangomania Milonga (RSPD)
  • Sunday –TangoNut Milonga
  • Monday –Brisbane Tango Project Milonga – to be confirmed

Practicas:

  • Wednesday – Judy’s Practica
  • Friday – Love St Practica for couples
  • Saturday – Alma de Tango Practicalonga

Hasta pronto,

Lydia

This week’s Milongas / tango events

Wednesday 29 September 2021

Southport Tango

Every Wednesday evening.

CWA Hall, Cnr Young & Garden Streets, Southport

6.30pm: 1-hour lesson with Tony. Beginners welcome.

7.30 – 9.30pm: Social dancing to music by DJ Ales

$10 flat rate

Large timber dance floor

Please BYO drinks (no alcohol or food)

Enquiries: 0409 424 069

Saturday 2 October 2021

Tangomania Milonga (RSPD)

Come and join the class 6:30pm -7:30pm then practice the steps and enjoy dancing until 10:30pm.

There is a Covid Safe Plan in place, and you must check in on arrival and follow all the contact tracing registration procedures. We highly recommend sanitizer after partner changes.

No alcohol is to be consumed on premises please. If you are unwell, please refrain from attending the event.

www.eventbrite.com.au/e/tangomania-milonga-recreational-structured-partnered-dancing-2-october-tickets-174038914077

Cost $15

Please book your spot as soon as possible: See the Tangomania Facebook page for details.

Maximum allowed capacity is 40 people. Once tickets are sold no refunds are issued. There will be a waiting list if we get a cancellation.

Sunday 3 October 2021

TangoNut Milonga

When: 2 – 6pm

Where: Weller’s Hill Bowls Club, 34 Esher St, Tarragindi

Cost: $10

Great dance floor, happiest dancers, fun music, air-conditioned

DJ Lydia

Contact Conrad Mob: 0413 348 186

Monday 4 October 2021

Brisbane Tango Project – to be confirmed

A 'dance only' night at the Montana Art Project space above the Montague Hotel West End.

DJ Conrad from 7 - 10pm

$10 entry BYO and food can be ordered downstairs.

This week’s Practicas

Wednesday 29 September 2021

Judy’s Practica

When: Every Wednesday evening 7pm – 9.30pm

Class to start at 7pm for 30 to 40 minutes and then practice.

Cost: $10

Venue: Holland Park Sports and Community Club,

49 Abbotsleigh St, Holland Park

Remember to bring your mask!

Friday 1 October 2021

Love St Intermediate Class + Practica for couples

7:30 – 10:30pm, starting the class @ 8 pm

10 Love St Spring Hill   $20 pp

If you'd like to come as a single, let us know beforehand, so we can try to match you up

www.e-tango.com.au

Current government COVID requirements:

·       Masks to be worn at all times inside ie BYOM

·       Sanitizing hands on entering and before departing the hall

·       Sign in via the QR check-in Code

·       BYO water bottle

Saturday 2 October 2021

Alma de Tango Practicalonga

When: 6.30 – 9.30pm

Where: 45 Balaclava St, Woolloongabba

Entry: $10.00 - card payment (contactless, transaction fee applies), cash, bank transfer

Follow our studio hygiene measures. If you are sick, please do not attend.

Preferred to bring your own dance partner.

Please carry a mask.

BYO drink and food.

QR code MUST be scanned before attending.

Date Claimers:

Moonlight Tango Musicality Masterclass: 29 – 31 October 2021

Are you ready to expand your musicality with Moonlight Tango's Musicality Masterclasses?

Join us on the last weekend in October for a series of musicality masterclasses with some old favourites (Murat and Gianpiero) and some new teachers (Asato-Pais & Richard Frisart). Explore tango music from different perspectives - musicians, dancers, DJs and organisers. With the wonders of technology, our teachers will be delivering classes live from Europe and Argentina to our group gathered together here in Brisbane (UQ School of Music on Fri & Sat and C'est Bon on Sun).

Due to space constraints, numbers are limited, so get in quick to secure your place.  All the details about the masterclasses, ticket options and refund policy are at: https://www.moonlighttango.org/masterclass

If you have any questions just get in touch: moonlight...@gmail.com

We look forward to sharing this experience with you,

Annie and Alessandro

Moonlight Tango

More info and links:

Access the TNN calendar for details of all the practicas and milongas, throughout the week, up and down the South East coastline at: http://tangonut.com/