TangoNut News October 20 2021

Lydia Commins

Oct 20, 2021, 2:58:50 AMOct 20
to Tang...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

Well, wasn’t that a fun weekend of dancing! Hopefully there are more to come this year.

From Moonlight Tango:

Musicality Masterclasses - new classes by some of your favourite teachers! The teachers have prepared new material for us. Limited tickets remain so don’t miss this wonderful opportunity to learn all together from Murat, Gianpiero & Lorena, Asato-Pais and Richard. Check out our website for details and ticket options. www.moonlight tango.org/Masterclass

The calendar:

TangoNut Calendar is your most up-to-date source of information on tango events. All the details and any changes to events are put here first so check it if you are unsure.

The following events have recently been added to the calendar:

  • Brisbane Tango Project – dance only evening - Monday 25 October 2021
  • An Afternoon Milonga @ the Sailing Club - Friday 29 October 2021
  • Alma de Tango October Pop Up Milonga - Saturday 30 October 2021
  • C’est Bon Milonga - Sunday 31 October 2021
  • Pasion de Tango Milonga will be on the 4th Saturday of the month from November onwards.

This week:

Milongas:

  • Wednesday – Southport Tango
  • Saturday – Tony’s Milonga
  • Sunday –The Tango Club @ The Sharks
  • Monday – Brisbane Tango Project

Practicas:

  • Wednesday – Judy’s Practica
  • Saturday – Alma de Tango Practicalonga
  • Sunday – Love St Sunday Practica for couples

Hasta pronto,

Lydia

This week’s Milongas / tango events

Wednesday 20 October 2021

Southport Tango

Every Wednesday evening.

CWA Hall, Cnr Young & Garden Streets, Southport

6.30pm: 1-hour lesson with Tony. Beginners welcome.

7.30 – 9.30pm: Social dancing to music by DJ Ales

$10 flat rate

Large timber dance floor

Please BYO drinks (no alcohol or food)

Enquiries: 0409 424 069

Saturday 23 October 2021

Tony’s Milonga

On the fourth week of every month on a Saturday

At the CWA Hall, Cnr Young and Garden Streets, Southport.

Dance from 7.30pm to 10.30pm.

$12 entry.  Air conditioned.

Lucky door prize.

Enquiries: call Tony 0468 923 731.

Sunday 24 October 2021

The Tango Club @ Southport Sharks

For updates, check the Facebook page for The Tango Club (Gold Coast, Australia)

On every Sunday from 7.30–10.30pm

Traditional & other music by DJ Ales

Large timber dance floor, restaurant, café, bar, on-site parking, air-conditioning.

$5 per person – please deposit money in the black box on the stage.

Entry to the Sharks club venue requires either a current Sharks membership card, or your driver’s licence.

Corner Olsen & Musgrave Avenues, Southport

Monday 25 October 2021

Brisbane Tango Project

A 'dance only' night at the Montana Art Project space above the Montague Hotel West End.

DJ Conrad from 7 - 10pm

$10 entry BYO and food can be ordered downstairs.

This week’s Practicas

Wednesday 20 October 2021

Judy’s Practica

When: Every Wednesday evening 7pm – 9.30pm

Class to start at 7pm for 30 to 40 minutes and then practice.

Cost: $10

Venue: Holland Park Sports and Community Club,

49 Abbotsleigh St, Holland Park

Remember your mask!

Saturday 23 October 2021

Alma de Tango Practicalonga

When: 6.30 – 9.30pm

Where: 45 Balaclava St, Woolloongabba

Entry: $10.00 - card payment (contactless, transaction fee applies), cash, bank transfer

Follow our studio hygiene measures. If you are sick, please do not attend.

Preferred to bring your own dance partner.

Please carry a mask.

BYO drink and food.

QR code MUST be scanned before attending.

Sunday 24 October 2021

Sunday Love St intermediate class and practice for couples

Sunday 24th, 2:00-5:00 pm, the class starting at 2:15

10 Love St, Spring Hill

Masks required unless the rules change

Let us know if you’d like to come as a single so we can try to balance numbers

Date Claimers:

                   Let's do it!!

        Dancing at the Sailing Club

             Friday 29th October

          Brisbane public holiday

                    3pm  - 7pm

Looking forward to dancing by the river again and watching the sunset from the lovely South Brisbane Sailing Club.

Moonlight Tango Musicality Masterclasses 29-31 October 2021

Only 2 weeks to go until these exceptional masterclasses!  Musicality from all perspectives.

Learn from Murat, Gianpiero, Lorena, Asato-Pais, Richard Fisart. Don't miss the special milonga +Q&A

Get your tickets now: www.moonlighttango.org/masterclass

Questions?  moonlight...@gmail.com   or 0449843053

Are you ready to expand your musicality with Moonlight Tango's Musicality Masterclasses?

Join us on the last weekend in October for a series of musicality masterclasses with some old favourites (Murat and Gianpiero) and some new teachers (Asato-Pais & Richard Frisart). Explore tango music from different perspectives - musicians, dancers, DJs and organisers. With the wonders of technology, our teachers will be delivering classes live from Europe and Argentina to our group gathered together here in Brisbane (UQ School of Music on Fri & Sat and C'est Bon on Sun).

Due to space constraints, numbers are limited, so get in quick to secure your place.  All the details about the masterclasses, ticket options and refund policy are at: https://www.moonlighttango.org/masterclass

If you have any questions just get in touch: moonlight...@gmail.com

We look forward to sharing this experience with you,

Annie and Alessandro

Moonlight Tango

Alma de Tango October pop up milonga Saturday 30 October 2021

When was the last time you had silly, ridiculous, laugh out loud fun? On 30th October, Alma de Tango members will host a ridiculous FUN night for you. We are not too big fans of Halloween, but we want to use the opportunity to dress up and Treat or Trick you. Dress up or not, it does not matter, LOL and Fun are important.

Date and Time: Saturday 30th Oct 2021, 8.00pm – midnight

Venue: Alma de Tango Studio, 45 Balaclava Street, Gabba

Theme: Pull out your best Halloween outfit! Or just be you.

Entry : $12.00 ( card, cash etc.)

DJ : Arda

Taxi dancer : long haired Chris

QR code to scan on arrival. Please bring your own drinking bottle or food. Lollies will be provided.

Come to have fun with us !

More info and links:

Access the TNN calendar for details of all the practicas and milongas, throughout the week, up and down the South East coastline at: http://tangonut.com/

Follow TNN on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/377049705705310/