TangoNut News August 4 2021

Lydia Commins

Aug 4, 2021, 3:08:33 AM8/4/21
to Tang...@googlegroups.com

Hola amigos,

All our organisers have confirmed that there is nothing on this weekend, but you might want to click on the link below to access some memories.

From Cath:

Sunshine Coast Tango Marathon Video - Milonga 2

Here is the next video of the Saturday morning Neolonga with Ron & Esther as our DJs. Again, our Videographer Adrian has done a great job! And thank you all for the wonderful feedback. I am so glad that you are enjoying them! Here is the link:
https://sunshinecoasttango.com.au/videos/

The calendar:

TangoNut Calendar is your most up-to-date source of information on tango events. All the details and any changes to events are put here first so check it if you are unsure.

Recently added items include:

  • An Afternoon Milonga – Wednesday 11 August
  • Tango meets Jazz – Thursday 12 August

Hasta pronto,

Lydia

This week’s Milongas

Nil

This week’s Practicas

Nil

Date Claimers:

  •             An afternoon Milonga

           Wednesday 11th August

                      3pm - 7pm

   @ the South Brisbane Sailing Club

        If we are permitted to dance

                    see you there

            The Sailing Club Crew x

  • Tango meets Jazz Thursday 12 August 2021

Thursday 12th August is Tango Meets Jazz at the Brisbane Jazz Club, 1 Annie St., Kangaroo Point.  Doors open at 6.30pm; show, 7.30pm - 10.00pm.  Food and drinks available. Dancing on the deck by the beautiful Brisbane River.

Bookings will soon be available from brisbanejazzclub.com.au or phone 3391 2006.

Diez Cuerdas (Ten Strings) is a Brisbane based Tango Duo with Violinist Liz Young (Mendoza Tango Quartet) and Guitarist Rory Dollard (Cigany Weaver). The intricate interplay between the two combines to echo the lively, passionate sounds of the traditional Tango orchestra. They will be joined for this performance by Solange Lipcin (Mendoza Tango Quartet) on vocals and Lochlan Morrissey (La Vuelta) on Bandoneon. Together the four are delighted to bring you some of your favourite Golden age and Piazzolla tangos. You may be moved to tears, smiles, toe-tapping and restrictions permitting perhaps even a twirl around the dance floor. Don't miss this intimate evening of tangos!

More info and links:

Access the TNN calendar for details of all the practicas and milongas, throughout the week, up and down the South East coastline at: http://tangonut.com/

Follow TNN on Facebookhttps://www.facebook.com/groups/377049705705310/

To see an online copy of this and all previous editions of the TangoNut News follow this link: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tangonut