TangoNut News 5 January 2022

Lydia Commins

Jan 5, 2022, 2:03:43 AM (13 days ago) Jan 5
to Tang...@googlegroups.com

Dear friends,

Happy New Year to you all! Let’s hope it is a good dance year, despite initial appearances.

There are events on this week for you to choose from, but you are to provide evidence of double vaccination (showing that green tick on your Check-In app will be a swift method) or proof of exemption to enter our dance venues. Please be kind to our milonga organisers and considerate of other dancers with regard to this requirement.

The calendar:

TangoNut Calendar is your most up-to-date source of information on social tango dance events.

All the details and any changes to events are put here first so check it if you are unsure.

Recent calendar news:

  • Judy’s Practica will not be held on Wednesday January 5th or 12th.
  • The Sunshine Coast Monthly Milonga will not run this Saturday evening – see you all in February (hopefully), Cath.
  • E-tango’s regular events are not on this weekend.
  • Dates for 2022 for Tango Bravo Milonga have been added to the calendar, beginning in February.

This week:

Milongas:

  • Friday - La Milonga’s Friday night of Tango
  • Saturday – Tango Vibe and Tangomania Milonga
  • Tuesday – An Afternoon Milonga – Anton

Practicas:

  • Saturday – Alma de Tango Practicalonga

Look after yourselves…

Lydia

This week’s Milongas / tango events

Friday 7 January 2022

La Milonga's Friday Night of Tango

7.30pm – 10.30pm

Country Women's Association Hall, Cnr Young and Garden St, Southport

$12

Contact Luis Gomez on tanguero...@gmail.com

Saturday 8 January 2022

Tango Vibe

A new Milonga, run by Matias and Elizabeth

Venue: St Mark's Hall, 7/17 Main St, Buderim

6.30 pm Free class

7pm - late Milonga

Cost $12

BYO alcohol

Matias 0415 192 807 or Elizabeth 0413 094 014

Tangomania Milonga (RSPD)

Come and join the class 6:30pm -7:30pm then practice the steps and enjoy dancing until 10:30pm.

There is a Covid Safe Plan in place, and you must check in on arrival and follow all the contact tracing registration procedures. We highly recommend sanitizer after partner changes.

You must be vaccinated to attend – have your proof ready!

No alcohol is to be consumed on premises please. If you are unwell, please refrain from attending the event.

Cost $15

42 Matilda Street in Burleigh

Ample parking and air-conditioned

https://www.facebook.com/TangomaniaAustralia

Tuesday 11 January 2022

An Afternoon Milonga

At South Brisbane Sailing Club … Tuesday 1pm until 5pm.

68 Hill End Tce, West End.

See you there, Anton

This week’s Practicas

Saturday 8 January 2022

Alma de Tango Practicalonga (MUST carry a mask)

When: 6.30 – 9.30pm

Where: 45 Balaclava St, Woolloongabba

Entry: $10.00 - card payment (contactless, transaction fee applies), cash, bank transfer

Follow our studio hygiene measures. If you are sick, please do not attend.

Minimum Change of Partners. Preferred to bring your own dance partner.

Masks must be worn when entering or leaving the facilities and can only be removed during strenuous exercise.

BYO drink and food.

QR code MUST be scanned before attending.

Maximum 20 people.

***Also, please note this Saturday, according to the Gabba event website, there is a game in the evening. The parking lot opposite to the studio will be unlocked. Please just lift the chain lock.

Date claimers and recently added events:

Nil

More info and links:

Access the TNN calendar for details of all the practicas and milongas, throughout the week, up and down the South East coastline at: http://tangonut.com/