Lutterworth Town Hall Milonga

Anke White

Jul 17, 2013, 11:27:29 AM7/17/13
to tango...@googlegroups.com

Sueños de Tango

www.dreamsoftango.com
Lutterworth Town Hall LE17 4AT, (1 mile off M1 junction 20)
contact:
infodrea...@gmail.com  or phone 07875829545

Dear All,

Our next Lutterworth Town Hall Milonga is on

Saturday, the 27nd July.

We think Lutterworth Town Hall Milonga is always special, but this time we hope you make it “extra special” by welcoming “Ariel Ramirez”, as our guest DJ of the night.

-         Doors open at 8pm.

-         Music in tandas with cortinas.

-         Beautiful venue.

-         Something homemade to tickle your taste buds.

Entrance £5

We hope to see you and your friends there! Please spread the word!

Ariel Ramirez is an internationally renowned Argentinian bandoneon virtuoso and was born in 1975 in Altos de Chipión, Argentina. At the age of 13 he had his first bandoneon lesson. In his 20s, his career as a musician began and he took part in many argentine folklore festivals. Since 2002 Ariel has taken part in many tango projects and has been playing his bandoneon in Chile, Brazil, Peru, Bolivia and Uruguay.

Ariel currently lives in Wroclaw, Poland, where he is the band leader of a Tango Quartet. Together they create music and have so far recorded two CDs. The third one is due for release this December. Ariel is more than just a talented bandoneon player. Ever keen to pass on his passion for tango, he runs the most popular monthly milonga in Wroclaw, Milonga Cultural La Argentina, where he is a DJ. He is also the creator of the Cabaret La Boca Project which tells the history of tango.

Ariel has been touring all over Europe, but up to now has never been to the UK. He has decided to come over for a short holiday break at the end of July and will use his stay to explore the local tango scenes and visit a few milongas. We are very privileged to be able to welcome Ariel as our guest DJ for the night and to give him the opportunity to share his music collection and express an authentic sound of his Argentina and the Buenos Aires that is his, yours, everyone’s...

You never know, he may like us – that is YOU so much that he will come back with his companion, the bandoneon.

P.S.:  Did I say Ariel’s grandfather was the famous argentine composer “Ariel Ramirez”, best known for such compositions as Misa Criolla and Alfonsina y el Mar?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScASPPh1rBQ

For further information please refer to our website or email us.

Warm wishes from

Your dreams of tango team