Tango Deep Dive with Cacu Lucero 20-22 July 2024

Glasgow Tango Collective

Jun 28, 2024, 12:25:54 PMJun 28
to tangoin...@googlegroups.com
Hello tango dancers of Glasgow,

Join us for four tango workshops designed to enhance and develop your dance with visiting teacher Cacu Lucero alongside our own Vanessa Leamy Corsini.
Dance away the weekend with milongas on Saturday evening, Sunday afternoon and Monday evening. Booking is essential.

Programme:
Day 1: Saturday 20 July 2024
• 11:00am – 12:30pm: Workshop 1 – Circularity with giro and contragiro
• 12:30pm – 1:30pm: Practica & Lunch Break
• 1:30pm – 3:00pm: Workshop 2 – Playful milonga rhythms and games
• 8:00 pm - 12:00am: Saturday Midnight milonga

Day 2: Sunday 21 July 2024
• 1:15pm – 2:45pm: Workshop 3 – Easy way to back sacadas
• 3:00pm – 6:30pm: Matinee milonga

Day 3: Monday 22 July 2024
• 7:00pm – 8:30 pm: Workshop 4 – Flow, elasticity and connection
• 8:30pm – 10:30pm: Practilonga

Prices:
£20 per workshop per person (students £18)
Saturday Midnight milonga £10 (students £8)
Sunday Matinee Milonga 10£ (£5 if attending the Saturday and Sunday workshops)
Monday Practilonga £5 (free if attending the Monday workshop)

Bookings:
Please fill in this form: https://forms.gle/FrJz2bSynZZ6K8Cu8

About Cacu:
What can we say? Cacu is a beautiful tango soul and we are super excited to be able to learn and dance with him in Glasgow. Blending traditional tango and tango contact - a contact improvisation and tango fusion - he will bring simplicity and connection to your dance.
Cacu Lucero has been a tango teacher for more than 22 years. He was born in Mar del Plata, near Buenos Aires and besides tango he studied Contact Improvisation, Martial Arts, "Expresion Corporal" dance, clown and other disciplines which he would later transform into his tango and tangocontact pedagogy.

For 18 years he has been touring Europe and Latin America, as well as within Argentina, giving tango and milonga classes, as well as tangocontact classes and seminars, participating in festivals and organising dance retreats.

His pedagogy aims to help each person to find their own simple way of dancing tango, focusing on musicality and physicality, in order to integrate the technique more easily.

More info: facebook: cacu lucero and at www.cacu-lucero.wixsite.com/cacu-lucero

Venue:

We are in the process of changing venue as our intended venue at Govan & Linthouse Church is now being redecorated and access is not possible. We'll confirm the new venue asap. It is likely to be Woodside Halls but watch this space...

Enquiries:
You can reach us via email at glasgowtang...@gmail.com or contact Vanessa on 07532 606942  Find the event on Facebook
See you on the dance floor 😍🥳, love GTC.
--
Glasgow Tango Collective