On giving by Kahlil Gibran, DJing, tango performance, showcasing a Tango/Arial silk fusion piece, teaching a day scout class in SM mountains

Moti Buchboot

Feb 23, 2014, 3:26:00 PM2/23/14
to tangog...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends,

Lots is happening scroll down to see.

Here are the updates.

Today Sunday the 23rd of February Ayona and I will be teaching the class before the alternative milonga in Culver city 7-8pm

 By Your Side Productions & Dance Studio

12613 Washington Blvd.

Culver City CA 90066

On Sunday March 1st I’ll dj at a FREE!!!!!  event.  Check this out! It’s the monthly Fusion dance (great variety of music for partner dancing).

The Build Shop is the home of the Los Angeles based monthly fusion dance venue "LA Fusion". As always we will be firedancing, playing on aerial silks and doing whatever other fun dance related or kinesthetic activities you want to bring to the dance!

The event will be happening at:

The Build Shop, LLC

201 N Westmoreland Ave, Unit 128   Los Angeles, CA 90004  Gate Code *24072

On Sunday March 16th 12 noon Ayona and I will be performing at “The Secret City” show at The Bootleg Theater in Silverlake.

Come check it out, we will be sharing the stage with some of the most kick ass performers in town.

Check this web site for more information.  http://www.thesecretcity.org/

On Saturday March 22nd 9am-4pm I will teach a day scout class in the Santa Monica mountains.

Here’s the description:

We admit that morphing from the civilized urban person into the indigenous scout, who perceives everything, moves like a shadow, and blends with the natural environment, is a challenge if you’ve got only a few hours to spend in your local park. How do you quickly leave your “other world” behind, physically and mentally, to get the most out of every wilderness experience even though it might be only an hour long? The answer lies in silencing, attitude and quiet movement, and this clinic provides practical methods with some valuable practice. We borrow and adapt techniques we use in our weekend Nature Awareness class. Learn to move quietly and unobtrusively, take advantage of simple camouflage techniques, and fully access the rhythms of nature by widening and deepening your awareness. Expect a rich and eye-opening day!

Sign up at:  http://www.earthskills.com

Last, on Saturday March 29th   I’ll be showcasing a new Tango/Arial silk fusion choreography Along with the talented Kristi Monson. Show will be at Sutra club  in Costa Mesa. The show starts at 6pm.  Here is the club website: http://www.sutraoc.com/

See you around.

Moti

On Giving        Kahlil Gibran

You give but little when you give of your possessions.

It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.

For what are your possessions but things you keep and guard for fear you may need them tomorrow?

And tomorrow, what shall tomorrow bring to the overprudent dog burying bones in the trackless sand as he follows the pilgrims to the holy city?

And what is fear of need but need itself?

Is not dread of thirst when your well is full, the thirst that is unquenchable?

There are those who give little of the much which they have--and they give it for recognition and their hidden desire makes their gifts unwholesome.

And there are those who have little and give it all.

These are the believers in life and the bounty of life, and their coffer is never empty.

There are those who give with joy, and that joy is their reward.

And there are those who give with pain, and that pain is their baptism.

And there are those who give and know not pain in giving, nor do they seek joy, nor give with mindfulness of virtue;

They give as in yonder valley the myrtle breathes its fragrance into space.

Through the hands of such as these God speaks, and from behind their eyes He smiles upon the earth.

It is well to give when asked, but it is better to give unasked, through understanding;

And to the open-handed the search for one who shall receive is joy greater than giving.

And is there aught you would withhold?

All you have shall some day be given;

Therefore give now, that the season of giving may be yours and not your inheritors'.

You often say, "I would give, but only to the deserving."

The trees in your orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your pasture.

They give that they may live, for to withhold is to perish.

Surely he who is worthy to receive his days and his nights, is worthy of all else from you.

And he who has deserved to drink from the ocean of life deserves to fill his cup from your little stream.

And what desert greater shall there be, than that which lies in the courage and the confidence, nay the charity, of receiving?

And who are you that men should rend their bosom and unveil their pride, that you may see their worth naked and their pride unabashed?

See first that you yourself deserve to be a giver, and an instrument of giving.

For in truth it is life that gives unto life while you, who deem yourself a giver, are but a witness.

And you receivers... and you are all receivers... assume no weight of gratitude, lest you lay a yoke upon yourself and upon him who gives.

Rather rise together with the giver on his gifts as on wings;

For to be overmindful of your debt, is to doubt his generosity who has the freehearted earth for mother, and God for father.

Moti

May 11, 2014, 10:55:06 AM5/11/14
to tangog...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends,

Here are the updates:

*Promenade milonga today Sunday May 11th 6-10 at Santa Monica’s promenade Northern End.

And as always it’s free!!!

*Alternative Tango Tuesday practica May 13th

Class 8-9, practica 9-12 $15 class & practica $7practica only.

Varieties international 2523 17th St. Santa Monica 90405

*Here is a video of my Tango/ Aerial silk fusion piece:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaxcsnwksD8#t=100

See you around.

Moti

Slow Dance-    David L. Weatherford

Have you ever watched kids on a merry-go-round,
or listened to rain slapping the ground?

Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight,
or gazed at the sun fading into the night?

You better slow down, don't dance so fast,
time is short, the music won't last.

Do you run through each day on the fly,
when you ask "How are you?", do you hear the reply?

When the day is done, do you lie in your bed,
with the next hundred chores running through your head?

You better slow down, don't dance so fast,
time is short, the music won't last.

Ever told your child, we'll do it tomorrow,
and in your haste, not see his sorrow?

Ever lost touch, let a friendship die,
'cause you never had time to call and say hi?

You better slow down, don't dance so fast,
time is short, the music won't last.

When you run so fast to get somewhere,
you miss half the fun of getting there.

When you worry and hurry through your day,
it's like an unopened gift thrown away.

Life isn't a race, so take it slower,
hear the music before your song is over.