June updates,: 10 Personal development ideas, Sunday Beachlonga, Alternative tango Tuesday, and Hollywood tango flashmob.

Moti Buchboot

Jun 23, 2013, 1:23:13 AM6/23/13
to tangog...@googlegroups.com

Hello friends,

Here are the updates:

Beachlonga (tango at the beach): Sunday the 23rd

Summer is here again, and how can we not dance at the beach?
This Sunday 4-8pm a stone throw north of the Santa Monica pier, right at the water edge.
Bring sunscreen, towel, water, and possibly a snack to share with everyone else (No alcohol please!!!).We will dance in the sand. It’s doable; we’ve done it few times in the past.
Hope to see you there!

Alternative Tango Tuesdays Practica (on-going)

Always thought there was more to tango music than the tango music of the 30s or 40s?
Ever wanted to dance tango to non-tango music?
This is the place to do it!
Safe environment, respectful dancers, refreshments, and some surprises.
Beginner/ Technique class 8-9.
Intermediate 9-10.
Practica 10-12.
Class $15
Class & practica $18
Practica $5
Location: Varieties International
2523 17th Street Santa
Monica,

 CA 90405

Hollywood traveling flash mob milonga: WEDNESDAY June 26th 8-9 pm HTFMM (Hollywood traveling flash mob milonga) with MEF Milonga El Floridita. Brings another night to remember.
Pull out your suit/tuxedo dress/evening gown; meet in front of the Hollywood and Highland Metro station at 8pm ready to dance.
Please pack light; we will be carrying everything with us.
We will dance up and down Hollywood Blvd. until 9pm (I’ll make sure to play milongas when we cross the street)

After that, we head to Milonga El Floridita, and check that out; Laura Mingo and Eric Dandridge have graciously invited anyone who comes to the flash mob, to get in MEF for FREE. That’s right!!! FREE.

Make sure to thank them!

one evening, two milongas, a chance to build your street cred (pun totally intended).

What else would you want?

If you miss us I’ll post updates as to our location on event page on Face book (friend me if you want to be updated)

See you around.

Moti

10 Personal Development Ideas

These personal development ideas will serve as a good start if you are starting off in personal development.

They will put you on the right track to be in control of any situation, achieve goals and become a better person.

Rise above competition – 1st personal development idea

The most important reason why competition does not serve you any good is because it shows that you still live in the scarcity mindset.

This is the mental state where thoughts of competition originate. If you know that there is not enough to go around, you will try to rush to take something from someone else.

It may be hard for you to think that competition is wrong because it is so highly valued in our society. It seems like every politician or other well paid employee thinks that only by competition you get what you want.

But that’s why they are employees. They do not realize that by not participating in competition they would become independent and free, just as their natural state should be.

When you realize that competition is wrong and stop trying to gain something at others’ expense, you gradually fall into the abundance mindset. You start to realize that you can get everything you think about, and this assures you that there will always be more than enough of everything for everyone.

But what if you still are in scarcity mindset, and don’t know how to get out of it? You will need to introduce a positive affirmation in your daily life. It could sound as this one: “I see abundance everywhere”. Or it could be put in this way: There is more than enough of resources in the world for everyone”. Whichever appeals to you more.

You will also need to train your eyes not to see what you don’t want to appear in your life. If you want to eliminate the thoughts of scarcity, direct your attention to the manifestations of abundance. Look at lush nature, luxury cars, singing morning birds, confident and wealthy people, royal buildings – whatever you associate with abundance.

There are many wealth symbols to choose from, it just depends which symbols represent wealth to you. I can look at nature and see the pure proof of abundance on this planet, yet others can see abundance symbols by looking at new gadgets and luxury clothes.

Once you train your eyes to concentrate on such symbols, you will start creative process in you. Your thinking will definitely change as you no longer see poverty manifestations. By constantly looking at wealth symbols you will develop desire to become abundant.

As now you easily focus on abundance, you will have no difficulty in creating thoughts of abundance. These thoughts will manifest in your life bringing everything you deeply thought of.

Meditate – 2nd personal development idea

Meditation lays a good foundation to success. It prepares mental soil for the seeds of abundance (if you choose so).

Meditation eliminates negative thinking and removes negative emotions from your head. I am not exactly sure why that happens, but it might be because with practice of meditation you get into a lower frequency of brain activity. In this state the cleaning process might occur.

You will not get rid of all negative thoughts after meditating once, but with continuous meditation you will get to such state.

You will notice that after meditation you feel peaceful. There are not many thoughts circling in your head and you feel harmony inside. I can describe this feeling as if you have been shielded from harmful thoughts, events and other negative occurrences. You feel calm and secure.

Sometimes you will get into deep meditation (theta state). You will get so disengaged from your mind that you will become aligned with the universe and that will cause you to get a rush of great ideas.

That happens to me quite often as I have been meditating for a while. Great ideas just flow to you and you get those ‘wow’ moments where you cannot believe that you became aware of such an amazing idea.

I also get reminders through meditation of what I should do to achieve some particular goal. It’s like the consciousness that I am knows exactly what I should to and keeps reminding me of tasks I would forget otherwise.

As soon as you start implementing this personal development idea, you will get less stressed and finally you will not get stressed at all. Negative events will not affect you as much because you will care less about them. Your main concentration will be on things that are good and valuable.

You will start feeling joy for no apparent reason. You will catch yourself in the moments of perfect peace and happiness. It will seem that nothing is wrong in this world and that you are the happiest person in the world. This is a magic state that meditation creates. Such state should be a natural state for everyone, but to most people this state is impossible to get into because of all the negativity in their minds.

With further practice of meditation, your intuition will sharpen. You will get stronger feelings from inside warning you or urging you to take some action. You should never ignore such signs as they will only help you to achieve more and become a better person.

You will understand what foods are good for you and what foods damage you. Of course, this will not come instantly. It may take some time, around 2-6 months of meditation for some. You may stop eating meat and other foods. That is because your body tells you that you have been polluting yourself with food you do not need.

The most important change that you will experience is clear thinking. Because you don’t have so many negative thoughts in your head, you will start seeing clear picture of any given situation. You will know exactly what to do and how to go about any given situation.

Set Goals – 3rd personal development idea

Definite goals serve one important purpose. They keep you pro-active. Without any goals, you react to circumstances and events. External things control you. With goals, you create your own circumstances and events. Therefore you become a master of your destiny.

By setting goals you keep progressing and improving your life. You can only reach destination if you define it. Setting goals is the process to do that. You will not stagnate if you keep working on this personal development idea.

Setting goals lets you achieve more comfort in life. The main mistake people make is that they set goals to achieve happiness. Happiness cannot be the object of your goal. Happiness is something you have inside you all the time. Maybe you have not discovered it yet, but it is there.

Meditation is the tool that can give you a glimpse of your happiness, but it is not the way to acquire it. In short, happiness can be found by being in the present moment and being satisfied with who you are, rather than looking at some point in the future and hoping for happiness there.

Do not follow masses – 4th personal development idea

What is popular is wrong. Following the common equals being common. You should learn from the best, and ignore the rest. This is the only way to succeed. Observe the masses, and do the opposite. Masses are where they are because their thinking causes them to be there.

Masses will tell you that only by working hard you succeed. Most of them work hard. Are they successful? No. You should never listen to someone that is in the same position as you but teaches you what action to take to become successful.

People do not succeed because they listen to average people who struggle against life. “What you resist, persists.” Have you heard this saying? This is exactly why masses never make it. They keep fighting against unfavorable circumstances so they remain stuck right there.

If you are in circumstances you want to get out of, be okay with that. Fighting such circumstances will only cause feeling of hopelessness and depression. You should accept the situation you are in and be neutral about it.

When you take action from such peaceful state of mind, your action will get you out of whatever circumstances you are in. Whereas if you take action with struggling mind, your action will bring more struggle in your life.

Focus on right things – 5th personal development idea

You should give your undivided attention to tasks that will lead you to success. So instead of spending time doing activities that eliminate your chances of success (like watching TV) you should concentrate on taking steps that will get you faster to your destination.

You should always strive to be pro-active and make things happen. Being reactive causes you to lose focus because you are busy responding to events and circumstances being thrown at you.

You should try not to get caught up with too many tasks. I would suggest eliminating unimportant ones and concentrating on those tasks that will benefit you most..

Conquer Fear – 6th personal development idea

Fearful people are never successful. Their fear prevents them from succeeding and becoming what they want to become. Fear always stops progress and stalls people.

The quickest way to implement this personal development idea is by facing fear. However, the easiest way to get rid of fear is by understanding that you are in control of everything.

You constantly manifest your main mental state. The world you see around you is the manifestation of how you feel inside. Once you understand this you will not fear anything because you will know that you can create everything you want by changing your mental state.

Develop good habits – 7th personal development idea

We usually find no difficulty developing bad habits, but it takes discipline and willpower to create good ones.

Take your time to create one good habit at a time. If you perform any act every day for 30 days, you will develop a habit. Habits form after around 21 days, but I suggest to take a 30 day time frame just for extra safety net.

Habits form who you are so you should strive to have only excellent habits. If you only have excellent habits, your life must become excellent, it cannot be any other way.

Read Self-help books – 8th personal development idea

The only way to acquire knowledge is through information. Without new information you cannot make progress. Only by constantly searching for suitable information sources you can get ahead.

The best information source for personal development is reading self-help books. Reading about the subject you are interested in will inspire and empower you. This will cause you to become motivated to take action towards your desired goal.

Be grateful – 9th personal development idea

Gratitude brings you more and better things you are grateful for. This is because the universe responds to your gratitude in giving more of what you are thankful for.

Being grateful is the cause, getting more of what you are thanking for is the effect. Every action has a specific reaction, therefore gratitude has this specific reaction that can never be altered.

Gratitude is a very powerful force that reaches the object to which you are thanking instantly. It also gets you into a harmonious state aligned with the universe. This puts you in a flow of life causing you to acquire success effortlessly.

Visualize – 10th personal development idea

This personal development idea will keep you progressing in life and giving you clues and opportunities to achieve what you are visualizing.

If you keep in mind one image for a while without being distracted, you will bring that image into manifestation.

After visualization you may start seeing clues as to what you need to do to get your desires. Be sure to act on them to bring your visualization into reality.

You should be aware that this personal development idea does not work alone. If your constant mental state is negative, ten minutes a day of visualization will not bring you success.

This is because once you visualize your desires, your negative state of mind serves like an obstacle preventing you from getting what you want. What you visualized have already manifested in the non-physical world, yet the manifestations are prevented from reaching you because of your mind.

Therefore if you are still negative, you firstly need to work on your mental state. Once your mind becomes neutral or positive, visualization will act as the quickening of the manifestation of your goals.

Moti Buchboot

Aug 17, 2013, 11:45:20 PM8/17/13
to tangog...@googlegroups.com

No promenade milonga tomorrow Sunday 18th of August.

We will be back to the promenade on the  1st of September  6-10pm and the beachlonga on the 8th of September 4-8pm

Moti Buchboot

Oct 13, 2013, 6:05:46 PM10/13/13
to tangog...@googlegroups.com
See you there.