Tango kernel moving to GitHub

Andy Gotz

Sep 21, 2016, 1:40:21 AM9/21/16
to ta...@esrf.fr

Hi Tangoers,

as decided at the last Tango plenary meeting in Toulouse the TANGO Controls kernel code is moving from the svn repository on SourceForge to git on GitHub. The move is currently under preparation and you can checkout the progress on GitHub at the Tango Controls organisation https://github.com/tango-controls

The proposal to migrate from svn to git is documented here : https://github.com/tango-controls/svn2git-migration

The migration is in progress (a big thanks to all the other kernel developers especially to Igor and Reynald) and should be completed for all kernel projects by the end of 2016. After that date the svn repository on SourceForge will be frozen.

All kernel developers should get in contact with Reynald and Igor to find out more.

Kind regards

Andy

message-footer.txt

Reynald Bourtembourg

Oct 19, 2016, 8:53:14 AM10/19/16
to ta...@esrf.fr
Hi,

Here is a wiki page showing the current status of the migration to Github:
https://github.com/tango-controls/svn2git-migration/wiki

This page shows the current Sourceforge to Github migration status for the different tango-cs projects and some tango-ds projects.
For the moment, we concentrate on migrating the tango-cs projects.

As you will see at the bottom of this wiki page, we need some pieces of information from the maintainers of the different tango-cs projects.
If you are a maintainer of a tango-cs project present on Sourceforge, please provide these pieces of information to Igor and me as described on the wiki page and we will contact you to coordinate the move to GitHub.

Thank you very much for your help.
Kind regards,

Reynald
message-footer.txt