updated tangle alternatives?

Krishna Bhogaonker

Aug 19, 2013, 10:16:03 PM8/19/13
to tangl...@googlegroups.com
Hey Folks.

I am very new to tangle and am just getting started with it. I was just wondering if there are any more recent tangle versions, or if there are any good alternatives or supplements to tangle now? Looks like the github repo has not been updated lately--has anyone forked it and started supporting it? I really love the look and feel of the reactive documents, and I wanted to work with the latest standard in this technology. Any comments or suggestions would be appreciated.
Krishna

Andres Martinez Quijano

Aug 20, 2013, 1:36:57 PM8/20/13
to tangl...@googlegroups.com
+1 to the question

on github https://github.com/worrydream/Tangle/network it seems that
the fork from tamc (https://github.com/tamc/Tangle) is the most
recently updated

Andres Martinez Quijano

Aug 20, 2013, 1:39:20 PM8/20/13
to tangl...@googlegroups.com
on further inspection it seems that there are many forks and each one
with specific additions

Ben Boeckel

Aug 20, 2013, 1:50:25 PM8/20/13
to tangl...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 19:16:03 -0700, Krishna Bhogaonker wrote:
> I am very new to tangle and am just getting started with it. I was
> just wondering if there are any more recent tangle versions, or if
> there are any good alternatives or supplements to tangle now?

I've used knockout.js[1] and been happy with it. Basically, just search
for "functional reactive programming". There is also elm[2] if you like
Haskell syntax.

--Ben

[1]http://knockoutjs.com/
[2]http://elm-lang.org/

Seth Woodworth

Aug 20, 2013, 1:54:50 PM8/20/13
to tangl...@googlegroups.com
I see a js library every now and then that does one thing like Tangle, but they tend to be one-offs.  Tangle hadn't been updated recently (I assume) because it solves the basic problem it set out to solve: providing abstractions for relationships inside of documents that have scrub-able interactions.

I wouldn't be concerned about the lack of updates to the repo.  It's not like there are a ton of open issues, just pull requests for features.