Free GIS workshop - Deploying Esri Collector with High Accuracy RTK GNSS - looking for Tampa area host/venue!!

14 просмотров

Rich Ash

не прочитано,
2 дек. 2019 г., 19:00:1202.12.2019
– Tampa Bay GIS User Group
Greetings Tampa Bay GIS Community,

I'm casting my net seeking a Tampa area GIS related host venue for our team to present a FREE high accuracy GPS/GNSS with Esri Collector workshop.  We've been conducting these workshops all over the country often partnering with  folks at Esri (full team tbd).  I led  a similar workshop at the Central Florida GIS Workshop conference in Daytona Beach in September; the subject matter is of great interest to many organizations  and they are also  great GIS networking events.

I'm open for a discussion about any scheduling that could work for a given venue in the future  but in the near term if the stars align I'm currently aiming for Tampa on Wednesday January 22nd (or second choice on 21st) .

This free workshop focuses on deploying Collector for ArcGIS with 1-2 centimeter grade RTK (real time kinematic) GPS/GNSS receivers. We look at current GPS/GNSS and mobile GIS  trends, discuss/teach key requirements including application of  free Florida FPRN RTK network, Collector/GPS configuration tips, and have an opportunity to work HANDS ON with high accuracy receivers in Collector.   Attendees will be  encouraged to bring their own Collector compatible smart devices (iPads, phones, etc...) and we'll bring in a  pool of  RTK GPS to connect to so we  can try out centimeter accuracy receivers with Collector in the field.

Here's a link to a  sample Survey123 info/ registration form for the same workshop we did recently partnering with Esri's govt. team in Southern California and hosted at City of Oceanside. https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/97c64a0fa82346cc934cfbfe519b7516

An ideal host/venue candidate:
- has availability through out the day (we really like to do  two back to back  3 hour identical sessions - folks have flexibility to choose either AM or  PM session) ,
-  is open to public (registration is free but targeted clearly to users in GIS community) ,
- has  room capacity for at least 30-40  students per session
- has  Wi-Fi and basic screen tech for  presentation
- has open/safe proximal grounds to conduct the outdoor GPS field portion

Even if you don't have a suggested site candidate but are interested in registering for the workshop once we get dialed in, please drop me a line so that I can keep you in the loop.  We will post a dedicated registration form like the link above once we have the details.

I hope we can bring this great workshop to the Tampa area.  Feel free to ping me by phone or email directly with any questions or comments  -    I look forward to hearing from you and thank you!

Rich

Rich Ash - Tel 541-754-3488
for Anatum Geomobile Solutions  (agsgis.com)
Ответить всем
Отправить сообщение автору
Переслать
0 новых сообщений