GIS Tutoring

Jason Presti

Sep 30, 2016, 5:44:29 PM9/30/16
to Tampa Bay GIS User Group
Greetings,

My name is Jason Presti and I am a graduate student at USF studying sustainability. I am in my last semester before I graduate and have decided to take a GIS course for non-majors; Seeing this as an opportunity to learn a new skill that I feel will be  very useful in the future. Being proficient with AutoCad and Photoshop I assumed I could teach myself GIS as well. However, this graduate course begins at the intermediate level rather than going over the beginning fundamentals like I need. I completed the first week assignments with a score of 98%, but have been slightly dropping each week in points as the concepts begin to build upon each other. Terminology is what seems to be giving me the most trouble when navigating through these assignments. I was wondering if anyone would be interested in tutoring me with basic ArcGis terminology and fundamentals so that I may catch up to speed with the course. The university does not offer a tutoring program so I am reaching out to this group. Being a visual learner and based on my experience with other software, I understand concepts better when I control the mouse and can ask questions when I'm not sure what the next step in a process is. If any of you are interested in local tutoring I would be more than willing to compensate you for your time and knowledge?  Thank you

Case Robertson

Oct 21, 2016, 2:37:22 PM10/21/16
to Tampa Bay GIS User Group
Jason,