Group socialization and promotion

Anthony Quartararo

Nov 12, 2014, 6:27:28 AM11/12/14
to tampa-bay-gi...@googlegroups.com
All,

thanks for accepting and joining the group.  there are 129 members current, but there are more than 200 outstanding invitations that I've sent out where people either do not get the invites because it goes to their spam / junk email folders, or the email addresses are no longer valid because the recipient is no longer at that organization.  Regardless, we need all members to help socialize and promote the group within the Tampa Bay area.  We all have contacts, colleagues, social media and social network connections on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and a myriad of social media outlets where we can collectively promote (frequently) the group to grow the community to a much high number of members.  Here's the link to copy and past into tweets, post on Facebook and LinkedIn, etc. or to different Groups on Facebook, Google+, and Linkedin.  Please help to promote the group, even during your work interactions with other professionals that may not be "pure GIS" practitioners.  Plenty of non-users are consumers and customers of GIS and geospatial data and applications.

Thanks

Tony Q