GMC2012

Girish

Jun 1, 2012, 3:39:04 AM6/1/12
to TamilnaduCyclingClub
Dear Cyclists !

Dates for the much awaited GMC2012 has been decided: Oct 27th - Nov
4th ... and ... REGISTRATIONS are now OPEN!

As done in the past, we have included Nov 1st (Kannada Rajyotsava) in
between so we have a public holiday to benefit from. With monsoons
just about passed, this part of the year is specifically chosen when
the Western Ghats stands is at its greenest and we can experience the
best ofKarnataka!

I CYCLE, one of the most passionate cycling Organizations in Bangalore
is organizing this year’s Great Malnad Challenge (GMC2012).

Here are some event highlights for those who missed the previous
versions:

+ Breath taking cumulative altitude gain of over 21,000 meters spread
across 9 days and 850+ kms - which is an indication, it’s not for the
faint hearted

+ The trail covers the Highest and Lowest points in the state
(Mullayanagiri peak and Kundapura beach)

+ Descend and ascend Western Gghats...TWICE! Cutting thru some of the
most scenic and remote roads in Western Ghats

+ Major killer accents/hill stations include - Bisle, Kemmangundi,
Mullayanagiri, Kudremuka, Kundadri and Kollur Ghats

+ Other famous places of interest visited, to name a few – Kukke
Subramnya, Belur, Thirthahalli, Kundapura beach and Sharavathi back
waters

+ Zero national highways, entire 850+ kms stretch is on remote and
less travelled roads

+ Difficulty level : Difficult to Challenging – it’s not only about
miles you gather, rather more to do with remote and challenging
terrain

+ Monthly self-supported weekend practice rides btw. now and October
will be organized by ICYLE to ensure participants gear up for the
challenge

Check out photo albums of GMC2010 and GMC2011 to picturize what the
GMC event has in store.

Come, be a part of the most challenging and picturesque cycling trail
in South India!

Please feel free to revert for any clarifications or contact us
@ +91 9538142007